PDA

View Full Version : Fanatics and Mangler Squigs questions

Caerne
16-06-2011, 12:36
I have a couple of fanatic and mangler Squig questions that popped up during my last game:

1)a) If you Hand of Gork a Night Goblin Unit to 3" away from an enemy unit (from like 20" away) will the fanatics pop out at 8" after which the Unit moves the last 3"? Or will they fly out at 3"?
b) If they fly out at 3" is this done when the first model is placed or when the entire unit is placed again?

2) Unit A is 8" away from my NG unit,
1" behind this unit A is Unit B.

I launch a fanatic into Unit A with a roll of 9", this would mean the fanatic ends up in unit A, per the rules it moves to 1" behind unit A. Here is unit B, does the fanatic also "hit" unit B? Or does he inflict no damage and is merely moved behind unit B as well? (Same for Mangler, since there base size is bigger)

3) If you Hand of Gork a NG unit with a hero in it, is the hero moved as well?

Thanks all.

T10
16-06-2011, 14:18
1. The rules do not address the issue. Presumably you would first complete the repositioning of the unit (since units tend to move as a whole) and then determine whether there are enemy units within 8 inches and proceed to release the fanatics accordingly.

2. The Fanatic will continue to "bounce through" enemy units it makes contact with.

3. When a character has joined a unit this constitutes one "combined unit". With the Hand of Gork the whole unit is moved, including any characters.

TrueKin
16-06-2011, 16:54
The rules state that the Fanatics are tossed from the unit immediately when any enemy unit comes within 8" of the containing unit.
1. The enemy unit stops at the distance of 8",
2. Fanatics jump out, and move their 2D6. If they come to contact with the enemy, they bounce through, ending movement at least 1" away from the last unit it goes through.
3. Enemy unit continues movement.

As Hand of Gork doesn't make the NG unit move, but teleports it, I'd say that the Fanatics pop out when the unit arrives in its destination.

Caerne
16-06-2011, 19:08
T10, thanks for the replies that clears it up.

The rules state that the Fanatics are tossed from the unit immediately when any enemy unit comes within 8" of the containing unit.
1. The enemy unit stops at the distance of 8",
2. Fanatics jump out, and move their 2D6. If they come to contact with the enemy, they bounce through, ending movement at least 1" away from the last unit it goes through.
3. Enemy unit continues movement.

As Hand of Gork doesn't make the NG unit move, but teleports it, I'd say that the Fanatics pop out when the unit arrives in its destination.

Thanks Truekin, but did you read the questions? Your answers answer different questions then the one I asked, since at 1 and 3 not the enemy unit moves, but mine.

ARabidNun
16-06-2011, 19:28
I think Truekin was quoting the normal rules and therefore comparing it the scenario.

Since the unit is moved magically, or teleported if you will, then he clarifies with his last sentence the fanatics would be released after the unit was moved with the hand of Gork.

This follows what T10 wrote and I support that as well.

-Rabid