PDA

View Full Version : High Elf or Dark Elf ?

Nailo
17-06-2011, 06:06
So, generally, Which one have better winning rate for a tournament??? (Just HE and DE )

Actually,I want to enter a tournament, But I can't make a decision I should use HE or DE (I love both of them).

I put my 2 lists on here:
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5586535#post5586535

This thread just talking about who is more powerful on 8TH.:skull:

Thans a lot!

tmarichards
17-06-2011, 11:15
Without going into numbers and figures, Dark Elves are by far a better army. The only time High Elves might pull ahead is in uncomped environments where they can take Teclis.

D'Haran
17-06-2011, 14:56
DE's are the more competitive army, HE's usually take a better general to get things done.

Nailo
17-06-2011, 19:29
Thank you for your reply.

I think the biggest problem for High Elf is they afraid shooting very much....

Nailo
17-06-2011, 19:35
DE's are the more competitive army, HE's usually take a better general to get things done.

HE's general ?

you mean Mage or Prince ?

Poncho160
17-06-2011, 19:43
I ask myself this question all the time. Fluff based the answer would be Dark Elves, models wise the answer is High Elves (and some of them are beautiful). I finally decide which one I like the most but then ten minutes later I change my mind. I really want a Elf army, I just cannot decide which one!

Nailo
17-06-2011, 20:12
I ask myself this question all the time. Fluff based the answer would be Dark Elves, models wise the answer is High Elves (and some of them are beautiful). I finally decide which one I like the most but then ten minutes later I change my mind. I really want a Elf army, I just cannot decide which one!

Woooow.... we are so similar~!

Actually, When I started to play Warhammer at 2004, I couldn't choose HE or DE, at last I choose High Elf because Dark Elf was the weakest race on 6th.

But when Dark Elf was corrected, The problem came back !

PS: "Fluff" is mean more competitive ?

Deathmaster Snikch
17-06-2011, 20:17
Easy decision. Dark Elves. Simple. Hope this helps.

Nailo
17-06-2011, 20:20
Easy decision. Dark Elves. Simple. Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot !

Poncho160
17-06-2011, 20:33
Woooow.... we are so similar~!

Actually, When I started to play Warhammer at 2004, I couldn't choose HE or DE, at last I choose High Elf because Dark Elf was the weakest race on 6th.

But when Dark Elf was corrected, The problem came back !

PS: "Fluff" is mean more competitive ?

Fluff is a general term to describe the background, back story and I would say general feel of a Army, unit or character. A lot of people use it to pick thier armies.

Hope that helps :)

Nailo
17-06-2011, 20:37
Fluff is a general term to describe the background, back story and I would say general feel of a Army, unit or character. A lot of people use it to pick thier armies.

Hope that helps :)

thank you :)

Yes, Dark Elf's background is cool, I played DND before Warhammer, and I like Drow best.

But Warhammer's Dark Elf not like Drow.

Sclep
18-06-2011, 19:44
I used the IoB models as dark elves. Best of both worlds. The Swordmasters are amazinf models, and the death masks are appropriate for executioners, but you can use them as black guard with elven longswords (halberd rules) if you like. I just use the sea guard as spear elves, the griffon as a manticore and the reavers as dark riders. Whilst they do differ in looks, it just takes a bit of conversion and a paintjob to make them perfect.

Of course, I was attracted to DE in 6th because they were the weaker ones...

PeG
18-06-2011, 21:42
HE's general ?

you mean Mage or Prince ?

He means general as in player.

Nailo
18-06-2011, 22:02
He means general as in player.

thanks a lot!