PDA

View Full Version : WoC, Mono God, first go, first army, 2k

Reflex
18-06-2011, 11:23
Hi there
So I finally picked an army and have gone for a WoC army.

Ive always wanted to do a chaos army in 40k, and now that im shifting to fantasy a Tzeentch army seems doable.

so ill just post the list:

Lords:
Sorcerer Lord: Mark of Tzeentch, Level 4 Wizard, Disc of Tzeentch, Third Eye of Tzeentch, Conjoined Homunculus, Spell Familiar: 370

Heros:
Exalted Hero: BSB, Mark of Tzeentch, Shield, Banner of the Gods: 275
Total: 645

Core:
Chaos Warriors: 24 Warriors, Full Command, Mark of Tzeentch, Shields: 434
Chaos Warriors: 24 Warriors, Full Command, Mark of Tzeentch, Shields: 434
Chaos Marauders: 20 Marauders, Light Armor, Shields, Full Command: 140
Chaos Warhounds: 10 Warhounds: 60
Total: 1068
Special:

Chaos Knights: 5 Knights, Full Command, Mark of Tzeentch: 270
Total: 270

Army Total: 1983

Before your say "omg what a dumbass", remember im a rookie ;)

so I think the army can work, because i think (key word think) the warrior blocks are pretty solid. so obviously the BSB will be going in one of those, and both of them can be fairly unbeatable. (hopefully).

so Im generally looking for advice to see if an army aong these lines can work, and if im on the right track. I want a fluffy army, and a fun army. So I want an army with only 1 god. I know that usually 2 god armies can work well. but Tzeentch is just to fun. the other thing is, should I have one massive unit of warriors or are the smaller units good?

the warhounds are for war machine hunting (I think that sounds like a good idea). Sending a cheap unit to do such a thing, they seem resonably fast to do it.

The knights make me wonder. they sounds cool, and tough... but they are pretty exspensive. I could get a hellcannon for that... and I want a hellcannon :P

anywho, any advice will be greatly apreciated.. cheers :rolleyes:

BigbyWolf
18-06-2011, 11:53
Firstly, I'd suggest dropping the Banner o' the Gods. Too many points IMO or what it does. Get the BSB a bit of defensive kit instead.

Also- 20 Marauders do very little, either drop them, or get a bigger unit!