PDA

View Full Version : Pheonix Guard change?

N'bel
01-06-2005, 06:42
was reading a couple of threads on various sites talking about High Elves and units that performed a little.....sub par.
Pheonix Guard were by far the most discussed and argued over unit, so I thought I would try to think of a possible way to fix them.
What I came up with was this:

Keep the same statline and equipment
Keep the ability to cause fear
Give them the ability to perform a free reform when they are charged. This can be used to expand or shorten their frontage, or to turn to face the enemy if they are going to be charged in the flank or rear. This ability represents them knowing the future and all that so they know where the enemy will be and be able to react accordingly.
I don't think they should be able to do this if they are already engaged in combat with another unit since it could get a little messy and confusing.

They would remain at the same points cost as well.

So what do you think?

Hideous Loon
02-06-2005, 14:25
Short reply: Raise their points cost, just a bit. Giving them a free reform would, IMO, cost at least 5-10 pts.

Long(ish) reply: However, I can see that HE players pay an arm and a leg for them even as it is, so... But raise their points cost nonetheless!

Grom
04-06-2005, 23:55
Nah - I'd say remove the 'fear' rule, give 'em +1 to their armour save (due to higher quality mail) and either make them 'stubborn' and 'immune to psychology' with LD 10 or 'unbreakable'.

N'bel
05-06-2005, 01:26
I wouldn't give them Stubborn, that's what White Lions are for.