PDA

View Full Version : Number of combat units is a balenced dwarf list

rob_appo
18-06-2011, 19:11
I am currently in the process of writing a dwarf army list, however I am trying to work out how many combat blocks I would need to try and get away from a gunline, however I do currently have 4 war machines and a unit of 16 thunderers and i am comfortable with that. However i have only got two combat units in the army which are 30 iron breakers, 40 gw worriors and I have spent quite alot on Characters. So I was wondering wether would be wise to drop a cannon and a 200pt dwarf lord to get a unit of slayers or long beards?

eron12
19-06-2011, 01:48
What point value are we talking? I like two combat blocks at 2000, three at 2400/2500.

Dark Aly
19-06-2011, 02:10
I like 3 minimum at 2000. I don't take many warmachines (just 2)

rob_appo
19-06-2011, 15:55
Im playing 2.4k at the moment ive got 3 war machines a runed up grudge thrower a cannon with flaming and rune of reloading and a organ gun. As for combat blocks i have a hord of forty gw worriors, thirty iron breakers who are six by five and I have now got a hord of thirty slayers and a unit of sixteen thunderers. As by way of characters I have a dwarf lord who is tooled up to be around two hundred points, a rune lord with a couple of runes and a thane bsb. I think that is reasonably balenced as I am reluctant to drop the lord as I kind of like fighty characters and I've tooled him up to have 5 strength 5 attacks and a one up save. It would however be nice to get a anvil in there but I think the plain runelord with his spellbreaking and spelleater runes will do. Any thoughts?

The full list is over in the army list section also if that helps.

Malorian
19-06-2011, 23:20
1 major combat horde for every 1000 points, at least!

rob_appo
19-06-2011, 23:43
Well ive got that much with the added handy excuse to shout SLAYER!!! Every game, what more could you ask for in a army list :D.