PDA

View Full Version : Wow, that's hard!

Evil Hypnotist
19-06-2011, 22:53
I played a 3000 point game against High Elves tonight and used Archaon for the first time. Me likey! After losing his Swords of Chaos bodyguard to a spell, he charged the Archmage on a Sun Dragon and then proceeded to kill the mage, the dragon and Tyrion, who had joined in trying to get an easy kill. All of this and Archaon only took one wound, and that was from his own sword!

Anyone else got any similar heroic stories?

enyoss
20-06-2011, 02:38
I'm concerned your opponent considers Archaon an easy kill. Who does he normally fight... God?! :)

Rosstifer
20-06-2011, 02:39
Ghorros Warhoof taking only a single wound from Skulltaker, before smacking him back and killing him. Take that, you broken little begger!

And my Exalted BSB with a 3++ Ward, survived 4 turns on his own in a Watchtower with 2 Cannons, a Rocket Battery, a Mortar and 2 units of Handgunners shooting at him. Died in the end but he did his job.

D'Haran
20-06-2011, 03:20
Had Teclis in ard boyz a year back, I swear I failed 5 LoS to cannon balls but he kept rolling 1's to wound. I gave him the title Iron Gut.

Malorian
20-06-2011, 04:45
I'm concerned your opponent considers Archaon an easy kill. Who does he normally fight... God?! :)

:p

I assumed he had never faced him before.

reddevil18
20-06-2011, 06:18
I used to use him alot in 7th and may start using him again soon (we play an esculation leauge and havnt gotten to enough points yet)
In the 20 odd games i used him in 7th he didnt die once, closest he came was the last model in my army with 1 or 2 wounds left against my dad who has only lost once in the past 40 odd games that ive been in the campain, and probably alot more before that.

enoyss, even god strugles to him take down, lady luck can do it tho lol

Scythe
20-06-2011, 07:16
Funny, every game I have played against Archaon I have taken him down. Granted, that has only been 2 or 3 times, but the old Blood Dragon vampires did a good job taking him down ;)

Morkash
20-06-2011, 07:27
Savage Warboss with the old armybook vs. a poor Executioner champion. 5 hits, 4 Killing Blows. Could not help myself, but asking "Where is your God now?!"

Havock
20-06-2011, 22:14
Ghorros Warhoof taking only a single wound from Skulltaker, before smacking him back and killing him. Take that, you broken little begger!

And my Exalted BSB with a 3++ Ward, survived 4 turns on his own in a Watchtower with 2 Cannons, a Rocket Battery, a Mortar and 2 units of Handgunners shooting at him. Died in the end but he did his job.

"Shoot at HIM, not the flag he carries you imbeciles!"

Wesser
20-06-2011, 22:23
Knight of the Realm champion surviving the blows of a high elf lord on a star dragon in a challenge only to strike the elf down in a single round of combat (good horse) then running the fleeing dragon down.

The rest of the unit was basically spectators

LordoftheBrassThrone
21-06-2011, 10:26
Not so much in fantasy, but Nightbringer charged my IG command squad, killed all but the colonel, who then proceeded to kill the nightbringer over i think 5/6 rounds of combat.