PDA

View Full Version : Local Confrontation tourney review

jigplums
04-04-2006, 09:07
Having only played one real game of confrontation before i entered or gamesclubs confrontation tourney hoping to gain a little experience crash course style. 200 points worth of dirz i decided to forgoe a charcater and get as much on the table as possible.

Game one saw my hoard Dirz facing off against the might of jon's griffon's and to start they seemed evenly matched. A few early wounds from the hybrid crossbows put the griffon's on the backfoot however and after losing the first few frays they were serverly outnumbered and the mutagenics of the Dirz swung the balance for them to imerge from the big moss without losing a single fighter[even the pest survived]

6-0

Game two saw daves kelts trying to take on the mighty DIRZ HOARD. Again some early shooting from the hybrids tipped the balance slightly in the opening stages. The brave kelts fought back and the dirz gained the upperhand in two minor skirmishes near the middle, whilst the combat in the kelt deployment was unimpressive for the most part. When time ran out Numbers again won the day although the victory was slight when added up, i had claimed the centre whilst the other sections were contested or empty.

2-0

The Final Round was dirz vs dirz and lukes force was quite intimidating to face with a Massive clone centurius and Arkeon Saneth gaining massive bonus's due to Mutagenics. I moved up the left flank to gain the jump on saneth whilst peppering shots at the forces on my right side with the hybrids. Once more everything quickly errupted into a large brawl with with some amusing outcomes as a pest of flesh exploded to kill a Kertais warrior that was mutageniced up in a single shower of gore. Once the pests were out of the way however there was just to little to survive against the numbers arrayed against them and the last turn saw the Centurus kicked to death by an angry mob of Dirz rebels[that'll teach saneth to cut dental in the dirz pay review].

6-0

Well played to my opponents the controversal dirz hoard [whatever he says dave told me you don't need a character ] enjoyed their first outing, and it just goes to show you don't need e an expensive army to win games, virtually everything i had had chosen because the models were cheap

jigplums
04-04-2006, 09:10
army i used

Keratis warrior 26
Keratis warrior 26
Dawn warrior 17
Dawn warrior 17
Dawn warrior 17
Sentinal of Danakil 25
Hybrid 20
Hybrid 20
Hybrid 20