PDA

View Full Version : 1250 Slaanesh (Mortal)

Loaf32
04-04-2006, 14:22
Hey all,

Finally gave in to the pressure of Marauders. Decided to draft a new list. Any input? I'm already feeling like something in it isn't right. . .

1 Exalted Chaos Champion @ 166 Pts
Mark of Slaanesh; General; Chaos Armour; Barded Steed
Gaze of the Gods

5 Chaos Knights of Slaanesh @ 235 Pts
Mark of Slaanesh; Full Command

1 Chaos Sorcerer @ 165 Pts
Mark of Slaanesh; Magic Level 2; Lore of Slaanesh; Chaos Armour
Power Stone [25]

15 Chaos Warriors of Slaanesh @ 290 Pts
Mark of Slaanesh; Shield; Full Command

16 Marauders @ 144 Pts
Light Armour; Shield; Full Command

1 Fiend of Slaanesh @ 75 Pts

6 Mounted Daemonettes @ 180 Pts

Casting Pool: 4
Dispel Pool: 3

Models in Army: 49

I'm over by 5 points, but I doubt it'll be a problem in friendly games. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Loaf

Neknoh
04-04-2006, 16:07
Not much is wrong, however, there are some notabl things:

1. If you want yyour Exalted to do something in combat, I'd reckomend a weapon for him, Hallberd is my weapon of choice, however, a lot of people here will tell you to give him a Greatweapon.
Also, at this points level, you will likely not encounter anything you need the Gaze aggainst, I'd say you can drop it.

2. Your Marauders are far too few, unsupported by your Exalted, they'll have a really tough time of both staying in line and actually winning combats, give them at least four more models, then we'll talk.

3. Your Chaos Warriors will also need some form of boost to thier fighting abillity in order to win, for this, I'd suggest the Warbanner, cheap and easy.

To get enough points, the Gaze of the Gods and one Mounted Daemonette could be dropped, that would give you 35 points, if you need more, you could drop the mark on your Fiend.

ROCKY
04-04-2006, 23:32
pretty much what nekoh said. Get rid of the gaze, give a halberd. as for the units I would suggest dropping the musician and , drop a mounted daemonette, that would free about 36points, get more marauders.

Loaf32
05-04-2006, 02:41
Alright, I dropped the Gaze, and added a few Marauders. The General had a hand weapon, though I failed to specify that earlier on. I'm kind of torn as to what to do for the spawn; If I drop the MoS, he won't really have as much use in attempting to be a form of support for the Demonettes (though I may be off the mark in assuming that he/she/it could do that at all in the first place). This would leave the 'nettes swinging in the wind, unless there's a good amount of terrain to use. On the point of the Demonettes: I'd rather not drop one, as I'm not too comfortable with running demons in units that aren't multiples of the god's sacred number. I do agree that it would help to have a little more punch in the Warrior unit, though. So at this point, it looks my options for bolstering the Warrior unit would be limited to doing some sort of reorganization of the Spawn. Any ideas on that, in particular?

1 Exalted Chaos Champion @ 138 Pts
Mark of Slaanesh; General; Chaos Armour; Shield; Hand Weapon; Chaos Steed

5 Chaos Knights of Slaanesh @ 235 Pts
Mark of Slaanesh; Heavy Armour; Shield; Full Command

1 Chaos Sorcerer @ 165 Pts
Mark of Slaanesh; Magic Level 2; Lore of Slaanesh; Chaos Armour
Power Stone

15 Chaos Warriors of Slaanesh @ 290 Pts
Mark of Slaanesh; Heavy Armour; Shield; Full Command

20 Marauders @ 172 Pts
Light Armour; Shield; Full Command

1 Fiend of Slaanesh @ 75 Pts

6 Mounted Daemonettes @ 180 Pts

Casting Pool: 4
Dispel Pool: 3
Models in Army: 52
Total Army Cost: 1255

As far as deployment is concerned, I'm thinking of deploying the Sorceror with the Warriors (where the Warriors could get the full rank in the back from having 16 models, as opposed to 15), though I suppose I could drop a Marauder and have him thrown in with them (which would put me just under the points mark, instead of the 5 point overage I currently have). I'm not too sure where to put him, in other words. Thanks for the help again, and hope to hear some more on this revision.

Thanks!
Loaf

ROCKY
05-04-2006, 03:07
looks pretty good. I personally would drop one of the mounted babes and put in a warbanner. Helps. you do NOT want your expensive warriors to high tail and run off do you? The gotta be tough, just like how tough a hick is when someone gets between him and his last can of beer :evilgrin: