PDA

View Full Version : Casket & Miscast

Kalandros
24-06-2011, 20:43
Because we don't have enough Casket threads:

Miscast Result (From a liche priest or other wizard on the same side, or a friendly cupped hands!) 8-9 - Wizard + all models that can generate dice receive a S6 Hit - Is this done against the Crew's T? It isn't a ranged attack, it isn't close combat attack either.

Wait for FAQ? O:

Tregar
24-06-2011, 21:36
I'd treat it to 1 hit against T10, and then pray that no-one ever asks the same question about my Phoenix Guard Standard Bearer's own suspicious banner...

Star.Scream
25-06-2011, 02:06
The Casket is an innate bound spell, and does is no longer crewed by liche per-se. The casket comes with a 'casket keeper,' but he does not generate dice and is not considered a wizard, therefore the casket would be unaffected because of the miscast result you've mentioned.

Kalandros
25-06-2011, 03:52
I'm sorry but the MODEL that is the SINGLE MODEL of the Casket of souls generates D3 Power Dice.
I said if ANOTHER Wizard miscasts - because I know full well that the Innate Bound spell does not have to roll on the Miscast Table.

Warrior Priests and Archlectors in an Empire Army ARE affected by this Miscast Result because they generate Dispel Dice - its the same for the Casket of Souls, its not a wizard but it generates dice.

Yrrdead
25-06-2011, 05:01
I'd go off of the Caskets T until FAQ'd.

Star.Scream
25-06-2011, 05:09
>>>My apologies Kalandros, I understood that it was a different wizard causing the miscast, and which resault you were talking about; my mistake was that I thought only friendly 'wizards' - that is, users with a wizard level were affected by the miscast result.

Looking at the Casket Entry now, it does not say whether the keeper, or the casket as a whole generates the d3 - I agree with Yrrdead, and allocate the hit to the casket itself (I've always thought it was the source of power anyways).

Kalandros
25-06-2011, 05:19
Its the internet, don't apologize. ;p

But yeah, I guess anything that isn't close combat - not just ranged stuff, is going to be taking the big T10 instead.

GodlessM
27-06-2011, 12:36
Result of 8-9 does a S6 hit to every friendly 'Wizard' specifically, so Casket is not effected.

Tregar
27-06-2011, 15:25
If the wording was that simple GodlessM, the thread wouldn't exist. The wording says models that generate power/dispel dice, which is why Warrior Priests, Casket of Souls, and even High Elf standard bearers with Banner of Sorcery are affected...

The bearded one
27-06-2011, 15:41
The model generates D3 powerdice, not a specific part of it, therefor the model receives a str6 hit.

It's not a CC attack. All non-CC attacks against a warmachine (or in this case the casket) are resolved against the T of the warmachine/casket and not the crew. Resolve the hit against T10 :)