PDA

View Full Version : Dark Elves 1500 Point List. I need to fill final 250 more points.

DragonArmy
28-06-2011, 19:08
Edit: Took advice and added lvl 1 fire, second hydra, and more shooting.
Edit 2: Took out the lvl 1 fire. Kept sorceress with sacrificial dagger with the 10 crossbow. Hmmmm. Added harpies and more shades. Thinking about adding black guard instead.

--------------

I'm looking for a 1500pt DE list to run in a small competitive scene for about six weeks. Once I create the list, I can't change it. I will probably go against other competitive lists. Here is what I have so far:

1500 Pts - Dark Elves Roster

Total Roster Cost: 1496

High Sorceress (1#, 350 pts)
1 Supreme Sorceress, 260 pts = (base cost 225 + Level 4 Upgrade 35)
1 Lifetaker, 30 pts
1 Sacrificial Dagger, 25 pts
1 Pendant of Khaeleth, 35 pts

Hag Queen (4#, 225 pts)
1 Death Hag (Battle Standard Bearer), 115 pts = (base cost 90 + Battle Standard Bearer 25)
1 Cauldron of Blood, 110 pts

War Hydra (3#, 175 pts)
1 War Hydra, 175 pts
2 Beastmaster, 0 pts

War Hydra (3#, 175 pts)
1 War Hydra, 175 pts
2 Beastmaster, 0 pts

Corsairs (22#, 260 pts)
22 Black Ark Corsairs, 235 pts = 22 * 10 (base cost 10) + Musician Mus 5 + Standard Bearer Std 10
1 Sea Serpent Standard, 25 pts

Repeater Crossbowmen (11#, 120 pts)
10 Dark Elf Repeater Crossbowmen, 105 pts = 10 * 10 (base cost 10) + Musician Mus 5
1 Guardmaster, 15 pts

Shades (8#, 136 pts)
8 Shades, 136 pts = 8 * 17 (base cost 16 + Extra Hand Weapon 1)

Harpy Coven (5#, 55 pts)
5 Harpies, 55 pts = 5 * 11

Validation Report:
Army Subtype: Dark Elf Army; Edition: 8th Edition; Game Type: Normal Game; Special Rules: Forbid Regiments of Renown
Roster satisfies all enforced validation rules

Composition Report:
Points of Lords: 350 (0 - 375)
Points of Heroes: 225 (0 - 375)
Points of Core: 380 (375 - Unlimited)
Points of Special: 136 (0 - 750)
Points of Rare: 350 (0 - 375)

Possible changes: I'm still tempted to get black guard instead of the hydra and the special category. The only reason is that the champion can take the ring of hotek. I'm not going to run an unkillable dreadlord with the pendent of Kaleth because of points, so I want to run the combo of pendant sorceress (yeah, it is 35pts of over defense on her) and a ring of hotek, making miscasts considerably less scary to me. I also might change my mage bunker to spearmen instead.

Thanks!

DragonArmy

castellanash
28-06-2011, 19:11
How about some crossbowmen... you do seem to lack in shooting... and I wouldn't have the Sea Serpent banner on the corsairs... it'll make your biggest unit too easy to pull out of the way...

DragonArmy
28-06-2011, 19:32
The sea serpent banner is risky, especially with a maximum of leadership 9. I will think on it. Thanks.

The shades will do some shooting--I've invested 180pts there already. Your right though-- 100 more pts in shooting wouldn't hurt. 250pts on top of the shades would be a lot of shooting. I am trying out shades instead of crossbow men. This gives me the opportunity to also give them an additional attack and mindrazoring them to be good melee fighters.

Thanks. DragonArmy

castellanash
28-06-2011, 19:35
You think 250 is a lot? Mkay never look at my 1500 points then :P Really not sure that the shades are worth the 180... If you're using them as war machine hunters I would argue that harpies are cheaper and better... Not a fan of them in this edition... you could be really cheesy and take a second hydra instead of the shades then take 25 crossbowmen as the 250 spare points...

Gooner
28-06-2011, 19:38
If you don't care what people think of you go with second hydra and the lvl 1. If you can make it lvl 2 even better. De can generate enough dice by themselves sometimes rolling low on dice is a good thing. But at 1500 that is a bit much in magic. Black guard are also amazing in low points games because of their awesomeness added with cauldron.

DragonArmy
28-06-2011, 19:43
If you don't care what people think of you go with second hydra and the lvl 1. If you can make it lvl 2 even better. De can generate enough dice by themselves sometimes rolling low on dice is a good thing. But at 1500 that is a bit much in magic. Black guard are also amazing in low points games because of their awesomeness added with cauldron.

Thanks. That was my first inclination. I'm playing against a bunch of people I know--we set this up to have fun by trying to create broken armies.

My worry is that I know there will be gun lines that could own hydras...

Gooner
28-06-2011, 20:12
I have to agree I don't like shades that much. I never use more than five. Then couple warmachine hunting with dark riders to fill out core a bit. My black guard got charged by a steam tank, 10 knights with warrior priest, and war alter and only lost 7 guys with the ward save from cauldron. In returnmy champion with crimson death killed at arch lector and took out 3 knights and a wound on the steam tank. That's 350 points being charged by over 1k and coming out in good shape and ready for some support by a hydra and cold one knights. They have never failed me

DragonArmy
28-06-2011, 21:56
I have to agree I don't like shades that much. I never use more than five. Then couple warmachine hunting with dark riders to fill out core a bit. My black guard got charged by a steam tank, 10 knights with warrior priest, and war alter and only lost 7 guys with the ward save from cauldron. In returnmy champion with crimson death killed at arch lector and took out 3 knights and a wound on the steam tank. That's 350 points being charged by over 1k and coming out in good shape and ready for some support by a hydra and cold one knights. They have never failed me

I love black guard too.

DragonArmy
01-07-2011, 04:43
all right, updated with responding to your guys thoughts. Will experiment to see if 20 black guards or a hydra and lvl 1 fire sorceress are better.

DragonArmy
21-07-2011, 04:59
Edit 2: Took out the lvl 1 fire. Kept sorceress with sacrificial dagger with the 10 crossbow. Hmmmm. Added harpies and more shades.

Thoughts on future changes:

I'm still tempted to get black guard instead of the hydra and the special category. The only reason is that the champion can take the ring of hotek. I'm not going to run an unkillable dreadlord with the pendent of Kaleth because the point limit, so I want to run the combo of pendant sorceress (yeah, it is 35pts is an expensive defensive move on her) and a ring of hotek, making miscasts considerably less scary to me, but still scary for my opponents. Also, blackguard usually don't need as much magical support. I also might change my mage bunker to spearmen instead.

tmarichards
21-07-2011, 13:58
I've just posted a 1500pt list in the DE tactica thread, it's more Dwarf-orientated but it's still fairly tough.