PDA

View Full Version : Courage tests

Oliver
01-06-2005, 12:38
Can a hero past a courage test for being below half starting force then move next to a group of warriors and thoses warriors won't have to test as the hero has them in stand fast range. Or do all the army have to test before any movment is allowed?

infernus31
01-06-2005, 12:42
basically the hero takes the test and all the models within the area (normally 6") are assumed to auto pass, troops not in that area must still take the test though, unless they are within the area of another cahracter.

If the charcter fails, the troops take the test after the hero has failed.

Oliver
01-06-2005, 12:45
So can the hero test then move so that the warriors are within 6/12"?

Major Thom
01-06-2005, 16:53
The 6" diameter is measured before any movement just like the courage check. It is possible for the hero to fail and he has to retreat.

Neknoh
01-06-2005, 17:07
Hrmm...

I have a question.

When charging a Terrifying enemy, including a hero that charges, which is it:

a: Everybody tests

b: Hero takes test and everybody after that passes

c: the first one to pass it allowes every other charger to pass automatically due to the fact that he has taken away the charge zone.

Personally, I play with alternative a, but I just started thinking if I might have played it wrong

Brandir
01-06-2005, 17:10
All Courage tests are taken at the start of the models move. So, one could test a heroes Courage and then move him towards some troops. The heroes 'stand fast' only works if that hero has passed his/her courage test.

The rulebook even suggests that players test and move their heroes before the troops, so troops can benefit from the higher Courage of heroes. So your interpretation is right Oliver.

Brandir
01-06-2005, 17:47
Hrmm...

I have a question.

When charging a Terrifying enemy, including a hero that charges, which is it:

a: Everybody tests

b: Hero takes test and everybody after that passes

c: the first one to pass it allowes every other charger to pass automatically due to the fact that he has taken away the charge zone.

Personally, I play with alternative a, but I just started thinking if I might have played it wrong

Each model tests as it moves and comes within 1" of the terror causing model. A model uses its own Courage value when charging terror causing enemies. Stand Fast is only for when one's side is donw to less than 50% strength.