PDA

View Full Version : 1000pt. Slaanesh List need help!

static-breed
05-04-2006, 00:05
I've just recently gotten' the idea of a Hordes of Chaos Slaanesh Army, and quickly put together a list for you guys to help me shape and make better, because to be honest it seems a little weak to me.

Exalted Champion of Slaanesh (General) 134pts.

Great Weapon
Enchanted Shield

Sorcerer or Slaanesh 165pts.

Level 2
Dispell Scroll

25 Marauders 200pts.

Shields
Light Armour
Full Command

12 Warriors of Slaanesh 230pts.

Shields
Full Command

8 Furies 120pts.

5 Daemonette Cavalry 150pts.

If I am correct, this army comes in at just under 1000pts. It seems a little small to me, but this is why I'm bringing it to you guys to help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Trunks
05-04-2006, 00:10
Unless you take alot of marauders, hounds, or beast herds, any chaos army is going to be small.

8 Furies may be a little bit excessive in some people's eyes. I don't think it is all that crazy (but I always assume they are going to lose a few on the way no matter what). You could drop 3 of the furies, giving you 45 points to play with to throw in a unit of hounds for some added flexibility and numbers. If you are concerned about the cost of hounds (in terms of money) then you can always use wolves, you get 10 in a box of Goblin Wolf Riders (and then have 10 random goblins for no apparent reason).

ROCKY
05-04-2006, 00:13
If you want to keep the list as is, then take out 5marauders, take away the GW and the enchanted shield and give him a halberd. add 3warriors of chaos, and that will do it. Well this is a 1000point game and chaos is an expensive army, and you hate M.Horsemen, and want mounted daemonettes so there is not really much choice here.

ROCKY
05-04-2006, 00:15
Unless you take alot of marauders, hounds, or beast herds, any chaos army is going to be small.

8 Furies may be a little bit excessive in some people's eyes. I don't think it is all that crazy (but I always assume they are going to lose a few on the way no matter what). You could drop 3 of the furies, giving you 45 points to play with to throw in a unit of hounds for some added flexibility and numbers. If you are concerned about the cost of hounds (in terms of money) then you can always use wolves, you get 10 in a box of Goblin Wolf Riders (and then have 10 random goblins for no apparent reason).
are you kidding? 5 furies? they will die in probabley one turn! and he needs them because his army only has one other fast unit (the mounted daemonettes and if they are unsupported then they too will die rather quick!)

static-breed
05-04-2006, 22:02
I'm hesitent to make the marauders to 20 and take away my Exalted's equipment just for a few more warriors. They're mainly there for flank protection (of the Marauder unit which will be taking most of the charges hopefully) and possibly dish out a few charges of their own.

I'm also willing to pull out the Daemonette cavalry in exchange for soemthing else, as they are not 100% necessary in 1k games.

Any other comments?

Neknoh
05-04-2006, 22:12
Your Exalted does absolutely NOT need the Enchanted Shield if on foot and especially not if he's going to be using a GW most of the time.

Also, if you'd drop one Furie (with 4dd and 1 DS, the Furies should be allive long enough to start picking appart warmachines) and 5 of your Marauders, you'd be able to get your Warriors up to 16 I think, this would result in you actually having two mainblocks you could rely on to win combats on their own, and when aided by an Exalted in the Marauders and the Sorceror in the Warriors, they oughta do fine.

The Mounted Nettes should most deffinately stay alongside the Furies, they lend you so many tactical possabillities, it's on the verge of insanity