PDA

View Full Version : Great Taurus

Sqallum
30-06-2011, 14:48
Hi! I am loving the great taurus. Should I buy one for SoM? I love the artwork, the model and the fluff (chaos dwarves 1996..yum...) But I'm not too sure about the rules, as only 4 wounds is a bit... bad :( What do you think?
Thanks,
Sqallum

drear
30-06-2011, 14:56
well the primary use for a monster in SOM will be to eat wizards on fulcrums.
the average monster, (as mentioned elsewhere ) will only have around 4-5 wounds. its t4 but is -1 to wound in combat. it flies, so it shouldnt ge hit with units often unless you want it to get hit.

also if you or the opponent hit it with fire magic, it regens wounds.so its interesting in that sense also.

imo if you love the model and the fluff, take it!

UberBeast
30-06-2011, 15:00
You like the model; that's already enough of a reason to pick one up and use it in your games. :)

Sexiest_hero
30-06-2011, 15:19
It's worth it, as has been mentioned elsewhere. Above all it's an giant firebreathing bull. That flies. It even has "great" in it's name!

Odin
30-06-2011, 15:31
well the primary use for a monster in SOM will be to eat wizards on fulcrums.
the average monster, (as mentioned elsewhere ) will only have around 4-5 wounds. its t4 but is -1 to wound in combat. it flies, so it shouldnt ge hit with units often unless you want it to get hit.

also if you or the opponent hit it with fire magic, it regens wounds.so its interesting in that sense also.

imo if you love the model and the fluff, take it!

Nope, it's T5. Combined with the -1 to wound, it's one of the tougher medium monsters.

decker_cky
30-06-2011, 17:03
It can also be pretty easily healed so long as it doesn't lose all it's wound in one shot.

4 Attacks S6, causes some extra S4 hits in combat and S6 thunderstomp make it high damage. Breath weapon is worth considering too.

-1 to wound makes it more resilient against empire cannons than any medium monsters.

Overall, they're a great monster. More designed to take out units than they are to hunt heroes and wizards on fulcrims, but solid at that too. My best advice is that if you like the model, go for it. You may not use it every game, but you'll never regret having a great model.

Sqallum
30-06-2011, 19:14
Thanks guys! I'm gonna buy a spray gun. With red... :D Which army would it fit in?
Sqallum

snottlebocket
30-06-2011, 19:18
Go for it. I absolutely love the lammasu and if anything that one is even worse. It's basically a sorcerer large enough to attract cannonballs.

SkawtheFalconer
30-06-2011, 20:15
It fits in with Chaos Dwarfs... :)

It's obviously a good fit for Warriors of Chaos. You could make it fit in a tzeenchian Demon force. I could see it in an Orc horde. If you like the model that much you could even use it as a counts as, for instance as a wyvern for Orcs.

loveless
30-06-2011, 22:29
Thanks guys! I'm gonna buy a spray gun. With red... :D Which army would it fit in?
Sqallum

Chaos - especially of the Dwarf variety.

It could fit in just about anywhere though - the Empire probably has one of everything in the menagerie for instance. The Dark Elves would probably make use of any beast their beastmasters could effectively train. Forest Spirits and Tomb Kings might want to avoid its flaming madness, though :p

Gabacho Mk.II
30-06-2011, 22:43
Dude, it is a Taurus; what further push do you need in order to buy a model?!

:evilgrin:

popisdead
30-06-2011, 22:51
Hi! I am loving the great taurus. Should I buy one for SoM?

Sounds like you answered your own question.

someone2040
01-07-2011, 02:45
Yep, I'll be getting a Great Taurus when it gets released (or when it goes on advance order anyway). Should be good fun to paint up some monsters that'll actually be somewhat useful in my Beastmen army.

AlphariusOmegon20
01-07-2011, 04:24
God yes, I'm buying one!

Granted, I'm also starting an FW Chaos Dwarf army, so it only makes sense I'd get a Taurus

Sqallum
01-07-2011, 16:55
Are chaos dwarves going to be offically released in GW? If they are, I will collect CD. This is very important.Please answer :p
Sqallum

badguyshaveallthefun
01-07-2011, 17:03
Chaos Dwarves are about to be released in the new Warhammer Forge book from Forgeworld (Tamurkans throne or something like that). So to answer your question... Chaos Dwarves are getting Forgeworld love, but I don't know if Games Workshop ever plans to support Chaos Dwarves.

Haravikk
01-07-2011, 17:16
What model are you referring to? The old Chaos Dwarf one, or is there is a better model elsewhere?

snottlebocket
01-07-2011, 17:24
What model are you referring to? The old Chaos Dwarf one, or is there is a better model elsewhere?

The old 4th edition great taurus and lammasu are being released in fine cast for storm of magic. (about 30 euro's each)

fluffystuff
01-07-2011, 19:42
Personally I'm going to wait a few months until the WF version gets released, this is still only a WIP version and it looks fantastic.

dragonet111
01-07-2011, 19:58
The old 4th edition great taurus and lammasu are being released in fine cast for storm of magic. (about 30 euro's each)

The lamasu make me think of a monster from the manga One Piece :)

snottlebocket
01-07-2011, 19:59
Personally I'm going to wait a few months until the WF version gets released, this is still only a WIP version and it looks fantastic.

That's already too much grim dark for me. Flat blade horns and a tale that ends in a blade? Why?!:confused:

Oh and I just noticed it has wing blades as well. At least it's not covered in skulls I guess.