PDA

View Full Version : Cant find a specific Thread

CommissarHybrid
30-06-2011, 19:33
I couldn't think of where else to post this and didn't feel it would be appropriate to post on the Project Log forum, so I did it under General. I have been planning a new IG army for a while now and have just been waiting for my finances to clear up before I get started. One of the major design plans I had was to copy an idea I saw on this forum and place a Predator Turret on each Chimera to make it look less like a transport and more like a light tank. I was wanting to go back and review the thread from which I got the idea, but I have been unable to find it. I've been looking on here for two days and I'm sure I'm missing something obvious and feel a little stupid for having to resort to asking for directions... But can anyone point me to the thread, or give me some decent instructions to help me with my search? Thank you for any help you can give me.

Also, (since I'm already embarrassing myself and asking for directions) if anyone who bothers to read this happens to know of any good threads that involve uniquely modeled IG ST/Veterans in carapace armor, or anything you feel would help me get modeling ideas, please feel free to point me in that direction as well, I would much appreciate it.

If anyone cares what I'm planning (I really doubt it). The theme behind the modeling/fluff of the army I want to do is of a Hive Planet surviving a Tyranid invasion but being permanently infected by their viruses and becoming a Deathworld. Still polluted and toxic, but now swarming with deadly plants, animals, and fungus's as well. I just liked the idea of making Armageddon Steel Legion and Catachan into a single army with lots of Heavy Flamers and Carapace Armour. It sounded like a fun modeling opportunity to me, and a great excuse for focusing on the 'lighter' IG vehicles for a change. Chimeras, Sentinels, Hellhounds.

Bunnahabhain
30-06-2011, 22:20
If the tanks are worth looking at they'll be in the IG treadhead thread. It's down in M,P and T, it is huge, and it is stickied, so it'll be on the first page.

Carapace armour...
FW stuff.
Green stuff knee pads onto cadians
Marine scouts with head swaps
Third party- i.e. Westwind
Or just use Steel Legion as the carapace'd troops, and Catachans as the others

By the way, have a look at the guard tactica, and the army lists. They're full of lighter vehicle spam, it's very strong indeed if done right.