PDA

View Full Version : Wood Elves in Mordheim

Simon23
05-04-2006, 01:34
:confused: Are there rules for Asrai in Mordheim yet?

Tom
05-04-2006, 02:02
No, and thankfully it's unlikely there ever will be. The wood Elves are about as likely to go into a city as people are likely to listen to reason.

Thank God. Bloody Elves.

EvC
05-04-2006, 03:29
I read that there will be a Pirate Captain model out for Mordheim though. Which makes oh so much sense, what with it being a major port city!

Galadrin
05-04-2006, 05:31
Bah, Mordheim is not just about Mordheim. In fact there IS a Forest of Loren setting (unofficial and fan made), although the accompanying Wood Elf Warband is NOT based on the new book.

Odin
05-04-2006, 12:21
Empire in Flames isn't set in Mordheim either, it's set in the countryside of the Empire. The great thing is that the Mordheim rules work well as a general skirmish system. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure that Wood Elves are pretty low down the priority list for SG. Frankly I doubt we'll ever see Wood Elf rules for the Mordheim system, but maybe I'll be surprised.

Jonik
05-04-2006, 15:27
You could always use the shadow warrior rules...

The Judge
09-04-2006, 19:50
Pirate Captain.... Jack Sparrow in Mordheim?

There are a dozne reasons the Wood Elves would go to Mordheim, or the countryside in general, if you think hard enough.

A neutral shade of black.
09-04-2006, 19:56
http://www.mordheimer.com/warbands/experimental/wood_elves.htm

:rolleyes:

Keller
09-04-2006, 21:00
I read that there will be a Pirate Captain model out for Mordheim though. Which makes oh so much sense, what with it being a major port city!
Maybe they just download music off the internet....

I had a pirate warband; it was loads of fun. I stick to my Witchhunters these days though, as I like the challenge and character of it.

Xavier
09-04-2006, 21:01
There are fan lists for pretty much anything you can think of in the warhammer world. You just need to google for them.

HiredSword.
09-04-2006, 21:07
beware the broken lists, there's a lot of them about.

Keller
10-04-2006, 02:34

Sure are. We had a lot of problems with the Lizardmen list last campaign. Still, its fun to let people play the races they want rather than force them into the official lists.

10-04-2006, 07:49

Yes, most of them being the official ones. *coughshadowelvescough*

Now, if people actually bothered to check the link I gave... I can assure you that warband is quite balanced, though still in the PT phase.

Intrepid Adventurer
10-04-2006, 08:30
Shadow Warriors aren't "official" anymore. The Rules Revision states that there will be a new Elf list sometime in the future, but no date or anything is given.

Galadrin
10-04-2006, 17:19
http://www.mordheimer.com/warbands/experimental/wood_elves.htm

:rolleyes:

That was the list I was referring to. Again, it's not based off the new book, which is disappointing to say the least. If anyone wants to give a new stab at an Asrai Warband, I'd say theme it off of an Arahain warband (the scouts of Loren, with a Waywatcher as leader), since they would be the most likely to wander outside. This, however, sort of limits the possibility for Tree Spirits in the list. Here is my suggestion:

Heroes:
1 Waywatcher (leader)
0-2 Wardancers (champions)
0-2 Scouts (youngbloods)

Henchmen:
0+ Glade Guard (bows or eternal guard staffs)
0-2 Dryads
0-1 Treekin (a monster that doesn't gain experience)

10-04-2006, 18:52
Actually, it is based on the new book. It's just that some of the stuff in there makes no sense in Mordheim - all the lists being developped on the SG forums are being developped in a way that makes them fit in with the basic setting (i.e. not EiF, not anything else - just Mordheim).

Dreadaxe
10-04-2006, 19:42
Personaly I prefer the Tommy Punk version available to Mordheim Yahoo group files.