PDA

View Full Version : Next Incoming?

WoodElfGeneral
02-07-2011, 05:31
Does anyone know or have a reasonable guess for when the next incoming article will be released?

R-Love
02-07-2011, 05:38
GW is apparently no longer releasing Incoming! articles, instead simply putting up pre-orders a week ahead of release. Probably not the best idea, but we'll just have to wait and see if it bites them in the ass or not.

Jind_Singh
02-07-2011, 06:05
I think it's lame ducks making people wait a bloody week before release dates to see anything on the web/incoming articles.

What was wrong with the previous system - we had a blooming month to prepare ourselves for the new upcoming release!

I hope they quickly drop this idea - it's too lame

Eks Bocks
02-07-2011, 07:00
GW evidently does not want to create any excitement for upcoming releases. Hopefully this strategy will be short lived...

Personally I liked to have some warning on when I should start saving up my hobby fund. I plan out my purchase and almost never buy something on implulse.

RanaldLoec
02-07-2011, 07:19
It sucks more than things that suck allot.

Spiney Norman
02-07-2011, 07:23
GW is apparently no longer releasing Incoming! articles, instead simply putting up pre-orders a week ahead of release. Probably not the best idea, but we'll just have to wait and see if it bites them in the ass or not.

I think thats something of an exaggeration, Storm of magic did get preorders 2 weeks ahead of release. But yeah I don't get where they're advertising strategy is headed at the moment. I guess rumour sites will be an even more sought-after resource now.

someone2040
02-07-2011, 09:55
GW evidently does not want to create any excitement for upcoming releases. Hopefully this strategy will be short lived...
This is somewhat correct from what I've heard.
They don't want you excited and speculating what's happening 3 months from now. They want customers to focus on what is actually happening now.

It kind've gets to the point where stuff goes up for pre-order a month before it's released. Generates a lot of buzz then. But when it comes to actual release, there's a lot less buzz going on as the razzle dazzle has worn off and people are more interested in what's going to be coming out next month instead.

In GW's eyes this is bad (I guess it gives people too much time to think over splurge spendings).

snottlebocket
02-07-2011, 11:09

Personally I liked to have some warning on when I should start saving up my hobby fund. I plan out my purchase and almost never buy something on implulse.

GW would love to create excitement for upcoming releases. Unfortunately they mostly seem to receive a **** storm of criticism. And true to form, they blame that on the players rather than taking a look at their own work.

slirgy
03-07-2011, 07:47
wood elf general you were really hoping it was woodies weren't you :)

TsukeFox
03-07-2011, 13:05

we all are...

slirgy
03-07-2011, 14:18
ye i know ;(

Griefbringer
03-07-2011, 22:42
What was wrong with the previous system - we had a blooming month to prepare ourselves for the new upcoming release!

Remember that for the more impatient souls, having to wait a whole month until they could get the release on their hands would mean a whole month of torturous waiting and suffering.

For those with I-Want-It-Now mentality, even having to wait a week can be a painful experience.

wizbix
03-07-2011, 23:05
GW would love to create excitement for upcoming releases. Unfortunately they mostly seem to receive a **** storm of criticism. And true to form, they blame that on the players rather than taking a look at their own work.

When have they blamed "the player"?

WoodElfGeneral
04-07-2011, 01:51

I am pretty sure ogres are next, but i want to hurry things up so we can get to woodies asap:p

Orktavius
04-07-2011, 08:25
we all are...

No we all are not, I'm hoping for my OGRES!!! *smashes a woodelf , eats a troll*

Mr. Ultra
04-07-2011, 08:31

You say that pal :cries:

No we all are not, I'm hoping for my OGRES!!! *smashes a woodelf , eats a troll*

Pffff, what a lack of class...

Scammel
04-07-2011, 08:52
They don't want you excited and speculating what's happening 3 months from now. They want customers to focus on what is actually happening now.

I kinda agree with this - when the rumours are flowing thick and fast it puts me in a mind set that's 3 to 4 months ahead of time. By the time stuff is actually released, my attention span with it has run out and I'm focusing on the next possible bunch of releases.

Orktavius
04-07-2011, 09:52
If ogres had class we'd be orcs :<

Andy p
04-07-2011, 10:59
we all are...

I dont even play them and id like to see them too. :p

Oh and the ogres ho ho ho.