PDA

View Full Version : How much would these miniatures sell for?

Astner
03-07-2011, 11:54
I'm looking for estimates. As in how much would they go for if I put them up on ebay or a similar site. I don't really want these models and was wondering if any of them are worth selling or if they're worth so little that I might as well just throw them away.

Slann carried by four lobotomized eunuchs, sealed. (http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/9963/dsc00993q.jpg) - This is how it might look pained (this is not my model). (http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/img3d7376c49c5e2.jpg)

Skaven vermin lord, sealed. (http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/8181/dsc00997ja.jpg)

Black Orc Big Boss, sealed. (http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/2476/dsc00995n.jpg)

Any response would be appreciated.

Balerion
03-07-2011, 13:03
That Verminlord is still the current sculpt, so you can go on the GW website to see what it retails for in your region of the world and then set a price based on that. It would definitely be higher than "throw away" level.

Little Joe
03-07-2011, 13:11
The black orc is this (http://www.solegends.com/citle/citle2000/GamesDay/gd2000BlackOrcBoss.htm) one and a limited edition, it gets you 10 to 20€ on eBay if you do not forget to put the "warhammer games day 2000 limited black orc" words in the title.
You could always try to trade them on warseer first. Defenitely not throw away.

Astner
03-07-2011, 13:13
That Verminlord is still the current sculpt, so you can go on the GW website to see what it retails for in your region of the world and then set a price based on that. It would definitely be higher than "throw away" level.
15.5, meaning that I should probably be able to get about $15 for it assuming it's somewhat of a popular model. What about the others?

The black orc is this (http://www.solegends.com/citle/citle2000/GamesDay/gd2000BlackOrcBoss.htm) one and a limited edition, it gets you 10 to 20€ on eBay if you do not forget to put the "warhammer games day 2000 limited black orc" words in the title.
You could always try to trade them on warseer first. Defenitely not throw away.
Thanks. What about the oldest model, the slann? I assume that it would be the most valuable considering that it's from the 1984 - 1987 era.

Spider-pope
03-07-2011, 13:34
Its hard to give accurate prices since so much depends on whats currently popular. The Verminlord will likely get you a bit less than it currently retails on the GW store. The Gamesday one should net you a decent amount, just dont expect hundreds like some try to list theirs for.

The Slann will likely net you the most, if you time it right. Usually minis like that sell best just after an army has been done, people are grabbing new armies and want unique models to make them stand out. But even if you sell it now you should get a decent amount, nostalgia goes a long way on ebay.

Astner
03-07-2011, 13:53
Its hard to give accurate prices since so much depends on whats currently popular. The Verminlord will likely get you a bit less than it currently retails on the GW store. The Gamesday one should net you a decent amount, just dont expect hundreds like some try to list theirs for.
What do you think the starting bid should be?

The Slann will likely net you the most, if you time it right. Usually minis like that sell best just after an army has been done, people are grabbing new armies and want unique models to make them stand out. But even if you sell it now you should get a decent amount, nostalgia goes a long way on ebay.
How do I time it right though? When does the next Lizardman army come out?

Balerion
03-07-2011, 14:45
The Slann is hard to price, since it's so unique. There will be quite a few people who would automatically turn their nose up at it, since it's a dated, somewhat ugly/old-school sculpt. However, there will also be some collector types, or people who want a unique model, who will be willing to pay handsomely for it. The challenge is lucking into finding one of those guys.

I would recommend basing your starting price on the current Slann model. After all, your model will fulfill the same role in a person's army as the current model does. They can choose to spend X dollars on the classic model, or X dollars on the new one.

I'd say 60% of the current retail value is an acceptable starting price (for both the Slann and the Verminlord). That way it will be fair game for collectors and bargain-hunters alike.

You could wait and try to get a higher price for the Slann, but again, you'd need to get lucky and find a person who was buying based on rarity and collectability rather than on the usual aesthetic appeal or practical army-building motivations. You'd also need to put in the research to figure out what the going rate on something like that is.

Lizardmen probably aren't getting redone any time in the next 2-3 years, so there's no point waiting for that.

Astner
03-07-2011, 15:09
The problem with that is that this Slann doesn't have a newer model. Back in the day there was this model and these variants that could be played with that model (see picture below). Besides, the lobotomized eunuchs that lift the Slann aren't even available as creatures anymore. So I doubt this could be used.

Urgat
03-07-2011, 15:20
People make heavy use of count as. I got giant scorpions and so on in my goblin army, and (till SoM at least), they got no rules. Doesn't prevent me from using them. Go check the prices at which hobgoblins sell on ebay, considering there's no army suing them, for instance.

Astner
03-07-2011, 15:38
So I've done some ebay history browsing and I've figured that these models would perhaps add up to $30. Another problem would be that I've not sold anything on ebay prior to this (making me a unreliable seller) and it would be a lot of hassle looking up shipping prices and so on.

I'll probably end up giving them to a still collecting friend.

Either way thanks for the response.

BorderKing
03-07-2011, 16:54
If you want I'll take them off you for $30 + shipping :)

I want the orc and can probably sell the Slann to some one.

Xenolith
03-07-2011, 17:22
I'm one of those collectors that would be interested in the Slann. Ugly you say? Not in my eyes. A regular old Slann from that era can easily bring $5 to $10 bucks , but a mage on litter, well, that is a tough one to guess. I'd wouldn't be surprised if it went for $30 or $40, but your never know.

I once sold a sealed pack of chaos renegade heavy weapons for $70, but then the others went for abou $15. If you do list it on eBay, make sure you list it as a Citadel model. Most of the collectors make sure to sort by the word Citadel.

Good luck!

enyoss
03-07-2011, 19:14
I think interested buyers would give you a fair bit for the Slann. Not hundreds of dolllars, but I would still expect a bit. I tried to get Slann models on back order from GW back in 1996 and couldn't get any then, and if I had been able to get this model then I would have jumped at the chance (I don't collect Lizardmen any more though... sorry! :)). Really, that was what had me saying 'wow!' when I saw what you had on offer.

scarletsquig
03-07-2011, 20:38
Slann is new in the blister, that raises it's value.

Just stick it on ebay and see how it goes, really.

Better than throwing them away, you might as well be throwing a bunch of cash straight into the bin if you do that.