PDA

View Full Version : Anyone up for a tale of several gamers?

jack da greenskin
03-07-2011, 22:30
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, thought it best fitted here.

I'm hoping to build a new army up, slowly, and I want to do it in really small chunks so I can get it all painted without getting bored. So I'm looking for some compadres, some chums, buddies, mates. Whatever you want to call it, if you think this could help you stay motivated, PM me or post here.

-I'm going to do WHFB, but that doesnt stop anyone else from doing 40k, or another scifi game. All fantasy would be cool though, but a mix of KoW, whfb, etc would be just as good.
-I'll be using a lot of mantic models, possible to the extent of not using any GW stuff.
-Budget of about 25 a month, but that can be scaled forward or back. Feel free to set you're own budget, or not use one. I'm only doing one because it means one biggish unit a month, and some other stuff around the side, and I think it was a cool feature of the original tale of four gamers.
-Post here or PM me if you're interested, four would be cool, but we might as well shoot for the stars and do as many as possible because inevitably some people might drop out :(

So hows about it? Are you man enough? :p

Matt.Wood88
04-07-2011, 10:41
I reckon I am man enough :)
I have 2500 pts of orcs and goblins sitting around needing painting and this might just be the motivation I need :D
Cheers
Matt

IAMNOTHERE
04-07-2011, 10:54
I'm up for this, I need somthing to keep me on track over the coming months - I just don't know what I want to build at the moment.

Do I do Ork Kommandos, Tau, Khador or go for a SM Dread list?

MOMUS
04-07-2011, 15:17
I would be in with my skinks.

Queekvondrak
05-07-2011, 01:54
I would be up for it without a doubt, but I would like to know what the points parameter is so I can choose what army to use. It would probably either be skaven or vampire counts.

EffCee
05-07-2011, 02:13
Count me in with my WF Chaos Dwarfs!

jack da greenskin
05-07-2011, 20:04
That's quite a few of us - I think we can start asap and if anyone else feels the need to join us then I suppose they can :)

Points wise, do what you feel comfortable with. I'm going to be doing 15 WoC month one, about 400 pts. 15 skaven slaves totes in at 30pts, so yeah... 250-300pts ish a month is what I'm aiming for, about 25's worth. Feel free to change to suit you or if you already ahve the models. It'd be nice to stick to a personal consistent amount to give something to aim for :p

I might make a thread then and PM you the link :) So far, we might have:
Mantic abbyssal Dwarves :)
WF Chaos Dwarves - Hope you can, will be nice to compare.
Skaven or Vampires
Maybe more vampires from a different forum,
Orcs n gobbos,
Lizardmen,
and whatever I am not there decides on ;)

Lowmans
05-07-2011, 20:47
Is it ok to do 25 of Skaven a month and not worry about points?

EffCee
05-07-2011, 21:06
I'll be buying one thing and not buying another till it's painted.
I have the CD Hellsmith finished already and an Infernal Guard command with the first licks of paint on for the first month.
25 a month won't even touch these guys unfortunately :D

colonel kane trine
05-07-2011, 21:11
Im in! I want to start space wolves so il buy a commander and some marines next payday and go from there

jack da greenskin
05-07-2011, 21:19
Yeah, both 25 on skaven and unit at a time is fine :)

Posted it here: (sorry for anyone doing 40k, hopefully we can still keep it there and you guys can post or I'll get it moved to general by begging a mod :p)

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5626902#post5626902

Matt.Wood88
05-07-2011, 21:52
Oh and btw, I have already started lol :P
Got almost 1500 points done on just a few days :D it's really simple painting, but it's what I need to do just to get an army finished for once :)
So far pretty much everything is going to be one coat then a wash. With a bit if drybrushing on certain areas that need it...
Cheers
Matt