PDA

View Full Version : WoC 1000 - help!

dragonbreath
05-07-2011, 15:32
I have a chance to play in a four game 1000 pt tourney tomorrow night, but never have played a 1000 point game with Chaos who at times seem hard to balance out at 2500 with sufficient numbers - this is where i'm at so far - apparently we'll be playing the first four scenarios in the big rulebook. all suggestions gratefully appreciated...what do I add / delete to give the warband punch and staying power?

Lvl 2 Tzeentch sorcerer, dispel scroll, ironcurse icon

17 Tzeentch warriors, fc, shield, hw, rapturous standard

18 Khorne warriors, mus, std, sh, halberd, eternal flame std

AND that's it - should I squeeze in a warshrine or a chariot? protect the sorc? add marauders, reduce warriors, standard of discipline... yikes!

what to do, what to do...

drear
05-07-2011, 15:40
id maybe reduce the wrriors to 15 each, and drop the lvl 2 off the sorcerer.
then you can add in a shrine?

dragonbreath
06-07-2011, 00:17
Also - is a hellcannon feasible in this small of a warband? Cause terror and hold flanks, stomp etc. but terribly random is such a small group and can turn on you...

FashaTheDog
06-07-2011, 00:46
A Warshrine of Tzeentch is great. Durable and at 1,000 points it is possible to tip the balance heavily in your favor with a good roll. I've always sworn by the Lore of Tzeentch and unless you run a special character as your general, the Necrotic Phylactery is too good not to take (where's you general sniping characteristic test spells now?). I would run something like this and you should have 12 points spare the quick math off the top of my head is correct. You could also go for a more deathstar by stealing 5 Khorne Warriors and adding them to Tzeentch. This would make for a solid block and a good Warshrine roll can make that unit game winning (usually the 3+ ward does it). I like having the choice of spells from the Lore so the 15 points spent for the Familiar gives a better chance to get the spell you want for the game.

Sorcerer - Level 2, MoT, Necrotic Phylactery, Spell Familiar, Charmed Shield, Biting Blade
Warshrine of Tzeentch
18 Tzeentch Warriors - Full Command, Shield, Banner of Rage
15 Khorne Warriors - Halberds, Full Command