PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point Necrarch

datalink7
05-04-2006, 13:32
Haven't played Warhammer in a while (about a year) and am just about to get back into it. I tried to dust off my memory to see if I could remember how I put together some of my old lists. Let me know what you think :)

2000 Pts - Vampire Counts

Heroes

Necrarch Vampire Count @ 340 Pts
Level 2 Upgrade
Black Periapt
Dark Acolyte
Forbidden Lore
Nehekhara's Noble Blood

Necromancer @ 150 Pts
Level 2 Upgrade
Book of Arkhan
Dispel Scroll

Necromancer @ 140 Pts
Level 2 Upgrade
Staff of Damnation

Wraith @ 140 Pts
Cursed Book

Core

19 Skeletons @ 186 Pts
Musician; Standard Bearer
Spear; Shield;

11 Zombies @ 81 Pts

11 Zombies @ 81 Pts

7 Ghouls @ 56 Pts

7 Ghouls @ 56 Pts

5 Dire Wolves @ 50 Pts

5 Dire Wolves @ 50 Pts

Special

3 Spirit Host @ 195 Pts

6 Black Knights @ 235 Pts
Full Command
Banner of the Barrows

3 Fell Bats @ 60 Pts

Rare

2x Banshee @ 180 Pts

Total Roster Cost: 2000

Thanks for any comments :)

ROCKY
05-04-2006, 17:34
Take out the full command as undead do not need musicians and skeletons really do not need champs. Comabine the zombies so you can have around 25,
7ghouls are not really that great, I would take 1unit of 10-12. I would not recommend banshees (very fragile) but if you want, then take one, two is not really that cool. up the fell bats to about 5 or add and other 3 so you will have 2units of 3. I would personally recommend grave guard.

BozzyB
13-04-2006, 00:49
I'm not a VC player but I would have to disagree with Rocky.

Musicians and standards allow you to win combats thorugh combat reoslution, and isn't that what undead are all about- outnumbering and combat res.?

BozzyB

ROCKY
13-04-2006, 02:15
I'm not a VC player but I would have to disagree with Rocky.

Musicians and standards allow you to win combats thorugh combat reoslution, and isn't that what undead are all about- outnumbering and combat res.?

BozzyB
I said they did not need FULL COMMAND not any command. I usually give my skellies a standard bearer for the Res and that is it. champion is too weak, plus I usually have characters in the unit to do the heavy punching. now this is different for the grave guard, I would give them a champ (because he is bonafied!) and remember undead do not BREAK. hence the musician is not as important as the standard. you only need to win by one in most cases to get an auto break.

Wickerman71
13-04-2006, 02:50
I agree undead muscians are only ever worth while on Wight units to counter the enemy muscian in a tie. On skelies & zombies it's points best spent else where.

No ward save on your general is never a good idea with VC.

ROCKY
13-04-2006, 15:25
I agree undead muscians are only ever worth while on Wight units to counter the enemy muscian in a tie. On skelies & zombies it's points best spent else where.

No ward save on your general is never a good idea with VC.
Yes, that is also a very good point being that only some thralls and blood dragons can wear armor. Would you suggest the :crown of the damned or the fillet of mushroom? err, the ring of the night:eek: :D

BozzyB
13-04-2006, 18:16
hence the musician is not as important as the standard. you only need to win by one in most cases to get an auto break.

But with the musician you don't even need to win by one, you just need to draw (provided that they don't also have a musician, of course.)

But like I said earlier, you might be right, as I don't play much fantasy, nor do I have any undead armies.

BozzyB

Kordos
13-04-2006, 18:38
the amount of times where a musician in my skellie block would have either drawn combat or given me the win and caused them to auto flee from fear is amazing - i've found drawn combats tend to happen alot

Wargamejunkie
13-04-2006, 19:15
I tend to take Musicians since they are only what 5 points, for the chance of auto flee, always worth it in my book.

kalleballe
13-04-2006, 22:12
drop at least one banshee and go for an another units of Fell Bats. Use the points you have left to boost your Ghoul units as these are a little underpowered and if you drop both of the banshees add another unit of them:D