PDA

View Full Version : Dark Elves Corsairs Pirate List 2K

BirchbarktheAncient
08-07-2011, 15:06
Dreadlord with Sword of Might, Dragonhelm, Pendant of Khaeleth, Crown of Command, Heavy Armor, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak

Death Hag BSB with Rune of Khaine, Manbane, *Standard of Hag Graef

L2 Sorceress with dispel scroll and Mask of EEE!

CORE: 2

30 Corsairs with full command, 2 hand weapons, *Sea Serpent Standard
Assassin with rune of khaine and manbane

30 Corsairs with full command, 2 hand weapons, *Banner of Flame
Assassin with rune of khaine and manbane

RARE: 2

4 Reaper Bolt Throwers

It's a nice little Dark Elf pirate list themed army. It has plenty of fire power, a little magic for offense and a scroll for some defense. The corsairs should absorb most shooting well with their cloaks. Their hand to hand will be brutal as my dreadlord, bsb, and assassin in the sea serpent standard unit will absolutely rip to shreds anything they hit. The corsair attacks will be just gravy. If I'm facing a really tough army like chaos, I can always send the assassin from the lords unit into the other unit so the double assassin whammy can whipe out a good chunk of the enemies unit or possibly kill a nasty character. I played the list once and it slaughtered my empire opponent. The main thing is that I didn't want state troops like BG or EXEC in the army. My thoughts are that the only troops on a dark elf sea raiding vessel would be pirate corsairs and reaper bolt throwers as it states in the book. Besides, the corsair theme would've died instantly the minute I put in another troop type. I look forward to playing this army!

samw
08-07-2011, 16:40
Seems fun. Considered a Sea Serpent (Hydra) ? You sure the level 2 on her own will be enough to swing anything? Since you only have two big blocks you might be better off with a couple of null talismans/obsidian stuff from the BRB, and a ring of hotek. If you really want her a Tome of Furion seems a bargain. Also, maybe drop the sword of might for a halberd to save some points?

popisdead
08-07-2011, 21:36
I recommend a Level 4 and Cauldron to stay competative. The Cauldron will give you either +1A or KB which will help deal with issues S3 struggles with.

I also recommend a mage with a couple augment/hex spells (so a lvl 4 for more spell access) to help with the Corsairs only being S3.

Gooner
09-07-2011, 00:57
You could always have a couldron that is converted to a shrine to some sea god or somthing too.

BirchbarktheAncient
09-07-2011, 15:16
I recommend a Level 4 and Cauldron to stay competative. The Cauldron will give you either +1A or KB which will help deal with issues S3 struggles with.

I also recommend a mage with a couple augment/hex spells (so a lvl 4 for more spell access) to help with the Corsairs only being S3.

I thought about bringing in a cauldron at 2400. Maybe find a way to sneak in Lokhir Fellheart as well.

AUN'SHI
09-07-2011, 18:00
it seems like a fun list... not really competitive imo... but fun :D

BirchbarktheAncient
09-07-2011, 20:16
That's the whole idea. I could've brought in Godzillas and cauldrons but then it immediately loses that unique feel. I wish dark elves had sea serpents, but IMO a hydra would be a beast way too big to bring aboard a simple raiding vessel, which historically were meant to be fast and maneuverable. From all the fluff I've read over the years, dark elf raiding vessels are meant to rush in, drop off corsairs for a slave run, and then get the heck out of dodge before the heavy warships are sent to blow it out of the water. If the ships hold held 50-60 slaves, then the 60 corsairs that form the raiding party would be the most a medium vessel could hold and still be swift enough to outrun a warship.

falcone
09-07-2011, 21:25
If the ships hold held 50-60 slaves, then the 60 corsairs that form the raiding party would be the most a medium vessel could hold and still be swift enough to outrun a warship.

The Hydra (as a Sea Serpent) could be tied to the ship and swim along with it, rather than ride it. That might take some fancy mod work on the Hydra model though. That is, if you care about the visuals of the army.

Gooner
09-07-2011, 22:51
Meh if he wanted to be conpetative he wouldn't be playing this list. Although switching the death hag to a cauldron(sea shrine) would make the list at least not completely a roll over. That many frenzy hatred killing blow attack will hurt any infantry.

Bolt throated suck but might be able to take out a monster.

One thing I recommend is to take 5 dark riders or harpies. Both are actually still fluffy as the harpies may follow the fleet and dark riders are used to scout out the villages they are going to raid.

BirchbarktheAncient
10-07-2011, 13:25
Yes, it's not like I'll be showing up at some tournament with this army claiming to be the Alpha Army. And yes, unfortunately bolt throwers do suck! It seems everything in this game now is toughness 4 or higher. Decided to drop the death hag's ASF banner for the Hydra Banner instead. That gives almost 20 attacks to 3 characters if the assassin and death hag max out on rune of khaine. I have full confidence that they will shred anything they hit with that many attacks. Dropped the L2 wizard to an L1, and gave her the ironcurse icon instead of the mask of eee!. Harpies and Dark riders are possibilities indeed.

thesheriff
10-07-2011, 20:05
HEy, boltthrowers dont suck. There not points effective. But do contrubute alot of short ranehg firepower.

I like this list. I dont honestly think you need that bsb, a defensive one would be better themed and not lsoe too many benefits.

thesheriff

samw
11-07-2011, 00:15
I honestly would risk it without a sorceress, you're unlikely to cast anything anyway. Take another noble with Obsidian Lodestone, much better protection for your big block, and can dish out some attacks.

Also, considered a pegasus noble? In keeping with the fluff (could scout ahead of the ship). Repeater crossbow, mundane kit and the ring of hotek, fly behind enemy lines and make all their wizards very nervous.

thesheriff
11-07-2011, 18:57
Also, considered a pegasus noble? In keeping with the fluff (could scout ahead of the ship). Repeater crossbow, mundane kit and the ring of hotek, fly behind enemy lines and make all their wizards very nervous.

Prehaps even lifetaker. Very cool weapon.

dwelf
12-07-2011, 12:53
nice lists and tactics but id say take atleast 2 wizards to back each other up so if one dies theres one left, once i lose magic capabilites with d/es i usually lose