PDA

View Full Version : BGIME Release list

boogle
20-03-2005, 13:12
Hello, does anyone have the release list for BGIME, just the ones that are currently unreleased?

Thanks

Baggers
20-03-2005, 14:20
You can obtain it from the GW Lord of the Rings Forums Read me first. But to save you the bother it is.

58 Mordor Orc Captain
59 2 part Faramir (on foot ROTK)
60 New Boromir [a special edition without the banner]
61 Strider (Fellowship)
62 Bilbo
63 Gollum (TT)
64 Eomer on foot (ROTK)
65 Theodred
66 Riders of Rohan Sprue
67 Rohan Horses Sprue
68 Warg sprue
69 Warg Rider sprue
70 Haradrim Sprue
71 King of the Dead (card dead men)
72 Mordor Orc sprue (card siege engine)
73 ROTK Merry & Pippin
74 ROTK Witch King (card Fell Beast)
75 Conversion kit
76 Armoured Legolas (ROTK)
77 Easterling Captain (card Easterlings)
78 Aragorn the King (ROTK)

of course this is subject to change.

rkunisch
21-03-2005, 14:03
Is it sure that issue 78 is the last one? I mean first of all it is an odd number to finish a series and if it is successful, there are lots of minis more to be released...

Have fun,

Rolf.

Baggers
22-03-2005, 20:24
Well the list is subject to change and it has been extended once but there is only a finite amount of movie models for GW to use to be included in the Battle Games mag.

Osbad
30-03-2005, 15:14
DeAgostini have been quoted via email as stating the run will go up to issue 91. No model list has been released post 78 though.

Baggers
30-03-2005, 20:50
DeAgostini have been quoted via email as stating the run will go up to issue 91. No model list has been released post 78 though.

Remember the list I rattled off there was given to competition winners over a year ago now. So things have changed.

boogle
31-03-2005, 00:42
I would Imagine thatif they do extend it to 91 isues, that they will include some of the Scouring of the Shire models

Garoth
01-04-2005, 07:54
BGiME only has the movie licence, so there is little that they can use from SotS. Farmer Maggot perhaps, or Lobelia.

Baggers
01-04-2005, 17:52
BGiME only has the movie licence, so there is little that they can use from SotS. Farmer Maggot perhaps, or Lobelia.

Niether can be used in the BGME Series, as far as I know. We shall find out, and I copuld always do with a few more plastic models.

Narandil
03-04-2005, 16:29
BGIME cannot sell any of the supplement models, including famer maggot etc

rkunisch
06-04-2005, 10:40
BGIME cannot sell any of the supplement models, including famer maggot etc
Why?

Have fun,

Rolf.

boogle
06-04-2005, 11:41
probably not covered by the existing agreement with GW/New Line

Baggers
06-04-2005, 22:10
Becuase they have an agreement with Games Workshop and New Line cinema, not with Tolkien Enterprises.

rkunisch
07-04-2005, 11:26
Becuase they have an agreement with Games Workshop and New Line cinema, not with Tolkien Enterprises.
That should not be the problem as all the models are from GW anyway. The mentioned Farmer Maggot is even part of the movie. I don't see any reason to not publish the minis from the supplements - at least not those which are part of the movies.

Have fun,

Rolf.

boogle
08-04-2005, 07:29
its because the current agreement for everything from Scoiring of the Shire and beyond (but not the re-release of the game) has been negotiated with Tolkein Enterprises, not New Line, whereas Di Agostini negotiated the deal with GW/New Line, so they will not be allowed to use any of the 'Tolkein' stuff, only the New Line stuff (which may mean we might get the plastic Cave troll if they bare going to run past the issues mentioned before)

Messiah
10-04-2005, 14:10
its because the current agreement for everything from Scoiring of the Shire and beyond (but not the re-release of the game) has been negotiated with Tolkein Enterprises, not New Line, whereas Di Agostini negotiated the deal with GW/New Line, so they will not be allowed to use any of the 'Tolkein' stuff, only the New Line stuff (which may mean we might get the plastic Cave troll if they bare going to run past the issues mentioned before)

Well, Farmer Maggot is new line stuff, so I dont see why they couldnt make one..

infernus31
10-04-2005, 14:32
If thats true why have they got a haradrim sprue, they're in BoTPF not in the main book

boogle
10-04-2005, 17:19
but Haradrim are covered in the film, therefore covered by the Di Agostini/New Line/GW contract, Farmer Maggot is not really seen in the film and he has a bigger part to play in the Scouring of the Shire, hence his inclusion in the book, not in the Fellowship of the Ring, therefore he can't then be released in BGIME, unless Di Agostini have managed to rework the terms of their contract

rkunisch
10-04-2005, 17:49
To be honest, Farmer Maggot's only appearance is in the beginning of the story - that is true for the book as well as for the film. In the Scouring of the Shire he is not mentioned at all.

Have fun,

Rolf.

Reabe
10-04-2005, 18:57
To be honest, Farmer Maggot's only appearance is in the beginning of the story - that is true for the book as well as for the film. In the Scouring of the Shire he is not mentioned at all.

Have fun,

Rolf.

Yeah, the Hobbit which one of the Ringwaiths(sp?) talk to at night was meant to be Farmer Maggot.

Brandir
12-04-2005, 22:04
BGinME will only feature 'movie' models.

The reason? The licencing arrangements. For example, look at The Scouring of The Shire supplement. Do you see any New Line film stills in this book? No. Unlike SOG and BOTPF. Also note that the Travellers' minis don't look much like their film versions.

boogle
17-05-2005, 22:51
going back to this, asuming that the series will go up to issue 91, any ideas on what may well be included in those extra 13 issues?, i have a feeling that the Plastic Fellowship, Gandalf and his cart and the Plastic Cave Troll may be in there somewhere, along with Gothmog on Warg, maybe Suladan, maybe the Haradrim Chieftain and/or the Mahud, Bill The Pony, Gimli on Uruk Hai, Imrahil, Eowyn, Damrod, Armoured Celeborn

rkunisch
18-05-2005, 11:01
According to a thread on The Last Alliance (http://www.thelastalliance.com/index.php?pid=view_replies&thread_id=34201&forum_id=16) the following is planned:

79 Radagast
80 Tom Bombadil
81 Glorfindel
82 Orc Shaman
83 Balin
84 Dwarf Hero
85 Durbaz
86 provisional Suladin
87 provisional Hasharin
88 provisional Imrahil
89 provisional Halbarad Dunadan
90 provisional Farmer Maggot
91 provisional Sharkey (Saruman)

Have fun,

Rolf.

rogal_dorn
18-05-2005, 14:49

Have fun,

Rolf.

You must have read a different version of LoTR to me, cause my copy has him playing an integral role in the first fight for the Shire.

Brandir
18-05-2005, 15:24
I can't find any references to Maggot's role during the occupation and scouring of the Shire.

However, Farmer Maggot was highly rated by Tom Bombadil:

He [Tom Bombadil] made no secret that he owed his recent knowledge largely to Farmer Maggot, whom he seemed to regard as a person of more importance than they had imagined. ‘There’s earth under his old feet, and clay on his fingers; wisdom in his bones, and both his eyes are open,’ said Tom

rkunisch
18-05-2005, 16:39
You must have read a different version of LoTR to me, cause my copy has him playing an integral role in the first fight for the Shire.

You may mix him up with Farmer Cotton who is Rosie's dad. Maggot is far away in the Eastfarthing and most of the Scouring happened in Hobbiton.

Have fun,

Rolf.

boogle
18-05-2005, 18:54
well i got Suladan right, and i was going to mention Radagast, but never mind they look Ok, it would be nice to see it go to issue 100 but we can't always get what we want

Reabe
05-09-2005, 20:44
I'm sorry to raise this thread from the dead (THE THREADOMANCER! MUHA!), but I'm hoping that what BGiME will do is release a mounted model for every foot model they have since there's rules about having to have "foot" versions of all your mounted models. I'd hate getting a copy of a miniture I already have (Like on of the fellowship) just to get a mounted version of them when this magazine ends.

Baggers
06-09-2005, 13:06
Well some models have already been released only on foot or mounted, but if you look at the release schedule you do get some models where you get both Eomer and Gandalf the White for example.

Reabe
11-09-2005, 11:53
Well some models have already been released only on foot or mounted, but if you look at the release schedule you do get some models where you get both Eomer and Gandalf the White for example.

Sorry, I don't quite follow you...

Do you mean that in some issues of BGiME that some mounted models have already been released? Yes, I know that. I'm just hoping is that they do mounted models for all character figures.

Although, I heard from a "Red Shirt" that it'll be possibe to mail order parts, so I may not have to pay for another foot-model to get a mounted one.

rkunisch
12-09-2005, 11:52
Raebe, I fear you have the same problems as most of us. With the current reorganisation (mounted & feet character in the blister) it seams not very likely to avoid doubles. :(

On the other hand, they do have released minis out of the boxes as singles.

Have fun,

Rolf.

Reabe
19-09-2005, 19:16
Apparently, soon you'll be able to mail order LOTR bits, but this came from a Red/Black Shirt so could be wrong...

Anyway, if it's true, there isn't much to worry about as you should be able to buy the single mounted or foot models of characters.

rkunisch
19-09-2005, 20:37
Anyway, if it's true, there isn't much to worry about as you should be able to buy the single mounted or foot models of characters.
The only drawback is the higher price of bits compared to blisters. Still an improvement over one useless mini...

Have fun,

Rolf.

Reabe
20-09-2005, 20:08
http://www.thelastalliance.com/index.php?pid=view_replies&thread_id=37824&forum_id=16

According to this thread, these will be the last ten or so miniatures:

./Issue79 Radagast the Brown
./Issue80 Tom Bombadil
./Issue81 Glorfindel
./Issue82 Orc Shaman
./Issue83 Balin
./Issue84 Dwarf Hero
./Issue85 Durburz
./Issue86 Suladan
./Issue87 Hasharin
./Issue88 Imrahil
./Issue89 Halbarad
./Issue90 Farmer Maggot
./Issue91 Sharkey
./Issue92 Sharku
./Issue93 Celeborn
./Issue94 Arwen
./Issue95 Damrod
./Issue96 Palatir & Mirror of Galadriel
./Issue97 Goldberry
./Issue98 Mouth of Sauron
./Issue99 Beregond
./Issue100 Elladan & Elhohir

Not good... well, not for me.

Brandir
20-09-2005, 20:16
Don't hold your breath with this list actually being true.

I emailed DeAgostini about this a few months ago. The response was that they were only using imagery from the films but the last issue would explore Tolkien's works outside the film for people to develop their games (and GW could sell more minis!)

boogle
16-06-2006, 20:30
Well abit of Threadmancy here, I received issues 88 and 89 of BGIME today and i got Imrahil in 88 and to me surprise Ghan-Buri-Ghan in issue 89, so the list above might be subject to change (although Farmer Maggot and Dogs are listed for issue 90 as above)

Keravin
16-06-2006, 23:35
We have two issues left and it's gone.

We're getting Maggot and Dogs and Sharkey.

I only found out by phoning up to complain.

boogle
17-06-2006, 10:44
It's a shame they didn't go all the way to issue 100, however once my next two issues come through, it'll be the 1st time i've managed to collect something from issue 1 right until it's end (well unless you count the UK MOTU magazine)

erurainon
17-06-2006, 19:54
Hi!

Well, so it's showed that the BGIME HAS the rights over the books' miniatures. I've seen Ghan-buri-ghan (well, it's a really horrible model, IMHO). Don't know how it works now, I only bought it from 1 to 46. Bye!

boogle
11-07-2006, 11:18
well got the last two yesterday, thats the collection complete for me

rkunisch
11-07-2006, 15:06
Is there a picture of Ghan-buri-ghan somewhere?

Have fun,

Rolf.

Keravin
11-07-2006, 15:31
They sent me the penultimate two issues, but not the last one. They really were crap.

Last Alliance had a pic of the figure on it.

Brandir
11-07-2006, 16:37
I too am awaiting my last issue. Sharkey is the mini.

It is surprising that they didn't save on the postage and send the last three.

Overall a great magazine and makes me wonder when they will release a Warhammer or WH40K version.

asparagus
12-07-2006, 08:06
Is there a picture of Ghan-buri-ghan somewhere?

Have fun,

Rolf.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g232/radagast_photos/Ghan-buri-Ghan.jpg