PDA

View Full Version : Mark of the wulfen...

cankingboi
10-07-2011, 02:57
Do you find it to be worth the points? or just save the points and spend them elsewhere?

Winterfell
10-07-2011, 03:13
Worth it but your results will vary from game to game. Being so random it will do awesome some games and others not come into play much. However the more you put into a list the greater chance of them hurting something.

Simo429
10-07-2011, 07:05
Yes its great.

Elenneth89
10-07-2011, 07:16
it depends on the list you run... i usually use it as a point filler, even because it costs like another marine. my normal build for a GH pack is 8 GH, melta, banner, a WG w/ combimelta-fist and a IC character. adding the MotW is just a bit of more fun and it's a very good substitution for the PW/fist

Bold_or_Stupid
10-07-2011, 10:39
I love and think it's worth the points, really worries my opponents. I run a Wolf scout squad with a wulfen member, plus a Wolf Guard Wulfen. That plus a couple of power weapons and a melta makes for real nastiness.

angelshard
10-07-2011, 13:58
I play with a space wolf player who swears to motw in every grey hunter squad, usually they manage to dish out quite alot of damage during a game, I wouldn't recommend substituting the pf for it though, the rending is too unreliable. He uses 7 grey hunters with banner, melta and motw and then a wolf guard with pf and combi melta

vladsimpaler
10-07-2011, 16:54
One time I was able to kill an Ork Dreadnought with a MotW. Anecdotal, but hey, I'll take it. ;)

Mr_Rose
10-07-2011, 17:01
Mark of the Wulfen is totally worth it on 1A guys but gets increasingly less so the more base attacks the unaltered model has; because D3+1 is always at least two so replacing your 1A with more than 1A is always good and better if you roll higher. So on a GH it's basically +1A (or more) and rending for a price that's mostly consistent with that.