PDA

View Full Version : Mammoths and Dragons and Giants Oh My!

fruitystu
10-07-2011, 10:44
MAAHAHHAAHHAA!

Finally! After years of waiting, we get something akin to Apocalypse for Fantasy, and I for one am all over it!

I'll be making infernal pacts left, right and centre. My Bull Rhinox Cavalry shall have Dragon Ogre outriders. My Tyrant might just find himself with a shiny new Mammoth to unleash on the enemy, and no doubt be eaten as part of the victory celebrations.

Images of my Giant booting poncey Elven Generals through their own unit makes my brain smile. Massive great Emperor Dragons will be trained to sit on enemy units!

But where to begin my friends? I have plenty armies, enough for a good 10,000 points I reckon. My menagerie is already fairly impressive, including as it does a Wyvern, Chimera, two Dragons, no less than 3 Manticores, 4 Hydras (yeah, I play Dark Elves too) 3 Rhinox Cavalry, and quite possibly further gribbly nasties I've curretly forgotten about.

Ultimately, whatcha gonna buy from Warhammer Forge? Personally I've got around a £500 spending limit, and I find myself spolit for choice!

theJ
10-07-2011, 10:57
I'd probably go for the mammoth... if I had an army it'd actually fit into (although some heavily converted skeletal elephant might work as a counts-as for my tomb kings...)

Which army do you play the most/which army do you intend to play for the storm? Just take what would fit into the theme of that army.

RanaldLoec
10-07-2011, 10:58
Well my Empire Army has a spare griffon, I own 3 shaggoths and 8 dragon ogres for my warriors and I see units of summoned Dryads being fluffy if I use lore of life.

fruitystu
10-07-2011, 11:00
For once in my life, I'm saying 'bugger the theme, I want monsters!'

Current in my Cart with Warhammer Forge....Big Dragon, Bonegrinder Giant, and the Mammoth. Not entirely sure about the Mammoth, as not using the Howdah seems a waste, especially when I'm paying that sort of price. Hmmmm....

Anyone know where I can get a suitably large alternative Mammoth? Considered a Mumak, it's just too diddy.

drear
10-07-2011, 11:06
a part of me wants the dragon, but then i see the giant has been reduced in price D:
and theres the gribbly spawns ..and the mamoth.. D:

damn forgeworld

fruitystu
10-07-2011, 11:09
Gone for the Giant, and the Dragon. Carmine Dragon is already on it's way. What can I say, I'm Dragon CRAZY!

El Antiguo Guardián
10-07-2011, 11:15
I´m going to use my undeads like a pact to my orcs, and stegadons, griffons and more!!

Darwin_green
13-07-2011, 19:21
well, this bad boy is around 5 1/2" tall and only costs around $10-$15.
http://www.healthstones.com/dinosaurstore/carnegie_collection/woolly_mammoth/woolly_mammoth.html

theDarkGeneral
13-07-2011, 20:00
Well, i already have the Forge World Bloodthirster (An'ggrath), and 2 Chaos War Mammoths...and access to borrow a buddy's An'ggrath as well as Giant Spined Beast and Giant Chaos Spawn...he he he he...and now I can dust off all those old Cockatrices, Manticores, Chimeras, Zoats, etc...OH THE GLORY FOR THE DARK GODS!!!!