PDA

View Full Version : Dark Elf Army List (2000 pts)

Izural
10-07-2011, 11:05
Hey there. I recently decided to re-take up the hobby, so I decided to make a Fantasy army. My race of choice was Dark Elves.

I put together a preliminary list, want to know what people think ^_^
I haven't playtested this yet, and this is only my second ever attempt at an army list (I orginally wrote a WoC list)

---------
||Lord||

Dreadlord:
Crimson Death
Pendant of Khaeleth
Armour of Darkness
[225 pts]

----------
||Heroes||

Sorceress:
Lv 2
Focus Familar
Tome of Furion
[175 pts]

Master:
H.Armour
Halberd
Sea Dragon Cload
[92 pts]

-------------
||Core||

Warriors x25:
Shields, Spears and full command
[175 pts]

Crossbowmen two units of 10:
[210 pts]

Corsairs x20:
Full command, Banner of Murder

--------------
||Special||

Cold One Knights x7:
Full command
[229 pts]

Black Guard x20:
Full command
[295 pts]

Witch Elves x15:
Unit champ has Witchbrew
[175 pts]

-----------------
||Rare||

Reaper Bolt Thrower:
[100 pts]

Total: 1926 pts

This is just a rough idea, i'm still looking through and making small changes and magical item combo changes. Any critique is welcome ^_^

-Izzy

Izural
10-07-2011, 11:09
May I add, (this isn't intentional bumping) I am toying with the idea of taking a Master instead of a Lord due to the new rules (25% maximum of overall points on characters). This would cheapen the list considerably, and leave me open to expand my existing units or take a Hydra.

Again, opinions on the list and this idea are welcome ^_^

-Izzy

wascloud
10-07-2011, 12:41
Remember that you can 25% lords AND 25% heroes, not total combined characters. I think your list would benefit dropping the bolt thrower and maybe some toys and/or some warriors to squeeze a hydra in, they are just ludicrously good for the points

Izural
10-07-2011, 12:56
I thought it was combined? Awesome. However, I did just draft up some changes, I dropped 5 spearmen, dropped the Witch Elves unit, added a War Hydra and a chariot and am running 2 Masters instead of the lord, and my sorceress is mounted on a cold one (4+ save, and fear slows charges, or so i like to think). I also gave magic banners to certain squads (My COK's for instance, have the Standard of Slaughter, +d3 combat res on the charge? Possible easy unit break)

On the magic banners, is there a limit to how many you can have in an army? I'm currently running 2 (Standard of Slaughter above, and Sea Serpend standard)

I think i've finally found the theme for my army, a hard hitting force with manuverability but defensive capability too :D Can't wait to playtest

dwelf
12-07-2011, 11:58
your wizard has 2 arcane items, this is non allowed i believe, otherwise looks good :)

darheresy
13-07-2011, 20:40
Looks good. Not to much cheese but still pretty solid

druchii
18-07-2011, 01:23
I thought it was combined? Awesome. However, I did just draft up some changes, I dropped 5 spearmen, dropped the Witch Elves unit, added a War Hydra and a chariot and am running 2 Masters instead of the lord, and my sorceress is mounted on a cold one (4+ save, and fear slows charges, or so i like to think). I also gave magic banners to certain squads (My COK's for instance, have the Standard of Slaughter, +d3 combat res on the charge? Possible easy unit break)

On the magic banners, is there a limit to how many you can have in an army? I'm currently running 2 (Standard of Slaughter above, and Sea Serpend standard)

I think i've finally found the theme for my army, a hard hitting force with manuverability but defensive capability too :D Can't wait to playtest

Only limit is that they're going on legal units, and that you don't repeat said standards multiple times. So, you couldn't have a pair of corsair units with the Sea Serpent Standard.

Have you thought about a Death Hag on a cauldron? They make units like wyches and corsairs pretty beastly. The trick is to toss killing blow on your frenzied corsairs (the unit pumps out 21 attacks, with hate and KB-which is just plain nasty) or +1A on your wych elves (ohhey, they get a ton of nasty poisoned attacks!).

That Black Guard unit needs a standard.

Speaking of standards, where's your BSB? BSB's are incredibly important in 8th edition, and I'd find 25 pts to shove it on one of your Masters.

d

tmarichards
18-07-2011, 01:42
I'd say there's room for some trimming.

Masters do not really, in my opinion, have much of a role in a 'modern' DE army- I've had good results running one on a Dark Peg with Ring of Hotek and Cloak of Hag Graef, but really, I can't find the points for them.

A Death Hag BSB with a Cauldron of Blood is one of the best choices for a BSB in the entire of Warhammer, at 2000pts there is no real doubt in my mind that you should take one.

A Level 4 will also get you some good mileage, especially if you take a unit of spearmen for her to generate power dice from using the Sacrificial Dagger- as it is, I think you could drop your current warrior block down to around 16 with a musician.

Corsairs don't really need a champion. I go over my reasoning for this in one of my Youtube videos (this one from 9:20 to 11:00 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLFzuwmhaio). I also like to run them with the Sea Serpent Standard.

Knights also don't really need a champion, and I've had good results running them with the Standard of Hag Graef. I know that their high I value means they will likely be attacking first in every round of combat, but the ASF banner will give them re-rolls in subsequent round of combat (and as always, it is worth mentioning that in 8th edition re-rolls are perhaps one of the important and valuable attributes to possess), as well as letting you get the mounts in first. In effect, when combined with the Cauldron, the ASF banner allows the knights to have some staying power.

I don't really like champions on Black Guard unless you give them Crimson Death- and even then, I'm not entirely comfortable with the investment into a single model that can die very easily. I would, however, give the unit the Banner of Murder. This allows them to really stand alone against armoured stuff (especially with a Crimson Death champion), freeing up your Cauldron and magic for other purposes.

A champion on the Witch Elves is not my preference, especially in such a small unit.

Reapers aren't really the best way to spend 100 points. I'd much rather see a unit of 6 shades.

hacku
18-07-2011, 19:27
looking good as i see it