PDA

View Full Version : Fimir Balefiend

ArtificerArmour
10-07-2011, 14:28
Ayup, as anyone noticed the balefiend is a monstrous infantry model.

If you look at all the fimir models, the dreagh/ balefiends were on 25mm square bases.

Misprint, or re-imagination? Or could they be monstrous infantry on 25mm?

drear
10-07-2011, 14:36
im pretty sure the fimir wereoriginally made as infantry, but then were sculpted in 40mm base size .
you can still pick up alot of the 40mm based metal fimir on ebay. according to wikipedia it is one of the reasons they did not become popular. as they were given infantry stats and ogre size models.

ArtificerArmour
10-07-2011, 15:26
They all looked infantry sized to me, there were none on ebay. I'm a just going to have to make particularly impressive base for it then...cheers!

drear
10-07-2011, 15:34
found the quote over on wiki:

''There are two Fimir miniatures at the "correct scale" i.e. a size between 1.8m and 2.1m (in-game scale): Fimir (actually Fimm Warriors) from HeroQuest and some limited edition Fimm Warrior miniatures sold separately. One can also find Fimir by Nick Bibby the size of ogres, although these obviously do not integrate well with the "correctly" scaled models. Original concept sketches of the miniatures made by Jes Goodwin represented human-sized creatures and the published characteristics of the Fimir reflected this fact. However, when Nick Bibby started to sculpt the Fimir miniatures, he made them ogre-sized, leading to them being disproportionately weak for the size of their figurine in WFB.''