PDA

View Full Version : 2400p Empire 2 potential lists.

Teronas
10-07-2011, 14:38
Hey folks.

Now im in the process of building my Empire army up, got like 400p covered so far.

I've been writing several lists and been thinking up potential strategies.
Im now up to 2 lists i like the look of them both, they are quite similar i must say but i want some comments on them both.

1st List.

Arch Lector: War Altar, Van Horstmans, Armor of meteoric Iron, Rod of Power, Great weapon.

Captain: BSB, Full plate armor, Talisman of Preservation.

Warrior Priest: Great Weapon, Dawn Armor.

40 Halberdiers: shields, Full command.

40 Spearmen: shields, Full command.

13 Handgunners

13 Handgunners

30 Greatswords: Full command.

9 Knightly Orders: Greatweapons, Full command, Razor standard.

2 Great cannons

Steam Tank.

2nd List, Same kind of units but saved in some points here and there to add 2 wizards.

Arch Lector: War Altar, Van Horstmans, Armor of meteoric Iron, Rod of Power, Great weapon.

Captain: BSB, Full plate armor, Talisman of Preservation.

Warrior Priest: Great Weapon, Dawn Armor.

Battle Wizard: lvl2, dispel Scroll.

Battle Wizard: lvl1.

40 Halberdiers: shields, Full command.

40 Spearmen: shields, Full command.

12 Handgunners

12 Handgunners

30 Greatswords: Full command.

5 Knightly Orders: Greatweapons.

2 Great cannons

Steam Tank.

Now these 2 lists are very similar i know. But the second one ive added the Battle wizards, i intend to run the lvl1 as either fire or beasts to boost the spearmen unit. The lvl2 will run with either shadows or life.

The Handgunners are intended to be detachments, one each to the spearmen and halberdiers.

Knights will run with the steamtank and support it.

All Comments are very welcome.

Von Wibble
10-07-2011, 18:19
To start with I prefer the second list. The knmight unit in the first list is not inner circle (this would be better for tham than razor standard, and cheaper), and is an unusual size as none of the characters can join it (surprised the warrior priest isn't mounted as an agressive option?). No magic is also a major turn off.

Because of how character heavy the second list is I'd look carefully at the warrior priest - either drop him or at least get him a cheaper item. He only really needs to survive long enough to ensure hatred for the unit - therefore I would equip him with a potion of toughness.

The rod of power is an arcane item and an arch lector is not a wizard. He can't use it. You could give it to the L1 instead in the second list.

Personally I prefer gorgon shield with VHS as it means the enemy gets only 1 attack in challenges - then your bsb can have AOMI instead - saving some more points there.

Are the knights inner circle? I'm guessing not but I'm not sure. I am also unsure as to what 5 knights can do to support the steam tank - I'd drop them. An empire army without pistoliers doesn't deserve the name imo - get a unit of these instead.

Finally, I would drop 1 cannon for a mortar. Chances are the steam tank can provide a lot of what the 2 cannon are for - monster killing, so a troop killer to thi nthe ranks and ensure you are steadfast is what is needed.

These changes would save a fair few points - with which you can get some cheap detachments to help your units in combat further or buff shooting a bit, or some more pistoliers / outriders.

Teronas
12-07-2011, 19:05
I do kind of agree with a few points you have made, the knights in the first list are kind of a copy paste from a previous list where the were needed to fill the core. In the second list however by saving up some points by using a mortar instead of the cannon, there is plenty of room to add a few more.

I do not however agree that pistoliers are needed, by increasing the number of knights they pack a heavier punch and will survive far longer than the pistoliers ever will, sure they might be slower but thats not what i intended to use them for. The knights are not inner circle, it clearly says Knightly Orders..

About the Shield of the Gorgon and VHS, that is a very good idea, but im not sure does that work with a Greatweapon ?

Thanks for pointing out the Rod of Power, slight typo that will be fixed.

Algovil
13-07-2011, 14:03
To start with I prefer the second list. The knmight unit in the first list is not inner circle (this would be better for tham than razor standard, and cheaper), and is an unusual size as none of the characters can join it (surprised the warrior priest isn't mounted as an agressive option?). No magic is also a major turn off.

Because of how character heavy the second list is I'd look carefully at the warrior priest - either drop him or at least get him a cheaper item. He only really needs to survive long enough to ensure hatred for the unit - therefore I would equip him with a potion of toughness.

The rod of power is an arcane item and an arch lector is not a wizard. He can't use it. You could give it to the L1 instead in the second list.

Personally I prefer gorgon shield with VHS as it means the enemy gets only 1 attack in challenges - then your bsb can have AOMI instead - saving some more points there.

Are the knights inner circle? I'm guessing not but I'm not sure. I am also unsure as to what 5 knights can do to support the steam tank - I'd drop them. An empire army without pistoliers doesn't deserve the name imo - get a unit of these instead.

Finally, I would drop 1 cannon for a mortar. Chances are the steam tank can provide a lot of what the 2 cannon are for - monster killing, so a troop killer to thi nthe ranks and ensure you are steadfast is what is needed.

These changes would save a fair few points - with which you can get some cheap detachments to help your units in combat further or buff shooting a bit, or some more pistoliers / outriders.

OP, I start commenting your lists with start from this comment. The second list look better I agree. But yes it does look character heavy.

Drop shields on your core, not worth it IMO. If you like shields go swordsmen =) Otherwise your core looks balanced. You can save enough points for a Mortar, am I right? And you need a mortar for sure. I like dual cannons, keep them, but a mortar as well would be great. Against for example elves, you will have trouble without thinning out his elites.

If you want to keep the Warrior Priest I would put him with the greatswords, to give hatred, but then he really need protection to last first round of attacks!!!

You could make the list defensive, with good magic defence, good shooting, but low on magic, I think that could work. If you choose 2 lvl1 wizards with lores with great signaturespells, and give one of them Dispell Scroll and the other Scroll of destruction or what is is called, and keep the AL and WP, I think you can manage without high level mages. You save points, you have many dispell dice, and support magic in the War Altar together with for example a lvl1 Beast and another of you choice. Lore of Fire with Fireball vs Abombs etc, is never wrong.

You could drop the knights altogther if you like to.

So overall:

If you want to make a strong list I would play to the strength of the Empire. Great shooting, an OK magic defence, good cheap troops if buffed with magic.

Maybe something like: (no idea of exact points or items now) Might have to save points on the characters, by keeping them cheap, only armour and ward IMO.

Arch Lector: War Altar (VHS is great here)
Captain: BSB (Survivable)
Warrior Priest: (might not be worth it)
Battle Wizard: lvl1 Beast (Dispell Scroll)
Battle Wizard: lvl1 Fire (Scroll of Destruction

(Deploy core deep for steadfast)
40 Halberdiers: Full command.
40 Spearmen: Full command.
12 Handgunners
12 Handgunners
30 Greatswords: Full command. (29 + WP?)

2 Great cannons
2 Mortars

Steam Tank

Then you have Shooting, Stubborn and Unbreakable units, magic defence, support magic, flaming attacks. I believe you could do well with this list.