PDA

View Full Version : Waaagh Noshrok! (2500pts)

Dreadgrass
11-07-2011, 03:21
Hi all!

So I've decided to dust off my old orcs and give them a run for a change (haven't really used them since start of 7th ed). This is a list to take on some fairly competitive/ experienced friends so I want to make sure it's fairly solid. Any feedback you could give would be great!

LORDS - 290pts

Savage Orc Great Shaman - Lucky Shrunken Head, Fencers Blades
Seems a pretty common build around the place. He's decent in combat and should last a round or 3 so as to keep the boyz pumped up on their 5+ wards.

HEROES - 485pts

Black Orc (BSB) - Talisman of Preservation, Enchanted Shield
About as tough as I can make him with a 3+ armour and 4+ ward. I've plumped for a black orc to babysit my Big Uns to prevent animosity shenanigans in my shaman lords unit.

Orc Shaman (lvl.2) - Dispel Scroll
Simple, cheap and cheerful. A nice little support caster and scroll caddy.

Night Goblin Shaman (lvl.1) - Forbidden Rod
and you thought normal Night gobbo shamans were nuts! This guy is essentially a battery to boost a critical magic phase or take advantage of a low Power Dice roll. Who knows! He may even survive a battle.... Nah!

Orc Big Boss - Boar, Shield, Spear, Armour of Fortune
Babysits the trolls in case they end up outside the lords bubble.

CORE - 625pts

38 x Savage Orc Big Uns with Additional Hand Weapons, Full command.
Great Shaman and BSB go here
My first combat unit. a 5+ ward and Toughness 4 is great, as is their weight of attacks.

30 x Night Goblins - standard, 3 x fanatics
N. Gobbo shaman goes here
Cheap flank protection. Should at least delay anything trying to encircle my army.

SPECIAL - 970pts

35 x Black Orcs - Standard, Musician, Banner of Eternal Flame
Shaman goes here
My 2nd combat unit. They're in for versatility more than anything.

8 x Trolls
Big Boss goes here
My 3rd Combat unit. Hard to kill without flaming attacks and able to dish out a large number of strength 5 attacks to even 5 wide formations.

Pump wagon - Spiky Rolla
Pump wagon - Spiky Rolla
Pump wagon - Spiky Rolla
Pump wagon - Spiky Rolla
Designed to take out the chaff/ annoyance units with their random movement abilities, and then smack into the side of something juicy and generate some kills... again, probably unlikely to last the game, but handy and a bit more reliable than the fanatics or the manglers.

RARE - ***pts

Mangler Squig
Mangler Squig
Gotta try these guys out, Should cause a good amount of carnage, or at least cause my opponent to adapt to them, either way, it gives me an element of control over the field.

So, what do we think? I've toyed with the idea of dropping the Black orcs to bump the Trolls up to an 18 strong horde for the fun of it, but not sure which way will be better...

samw
11-07-2011, 03:56
Looks pretty solid. I'd give the Blorks a champion, if only to protect your shaman from roving pegasus heroes and assassins. Definitely keep them though. Everything else in your army is random movement, stupid, frenzied or includes fanatics (you should also give the gobbos a musician for the 'swift reform' rules). While this is very fun and will surely bring down the blessing of Gork (or possibly Mork) on your army, a little bit of control is always advisable. ;)