PDA

View Full Version : Ogre Kingdoms Gut Magic maximum dice

T10
11-07-2011, 15:18
A friend of mine who plays Ogre Kingdoms made the observation that the OK Errata & FAQ has not amended the restriction on the number of power dice a Butcher can use to cast a spell. I responded with an incredulous "huh?" and turned his Butcher into a frog for the remainder of the game, thus rendering further discussion on the topic moot.

So. Is this about the maximum power dice true?

-T10

Tregar
11-07-2011, 15:24
Errata sez to ignore the 5th paragraph of P60, which is where the dice limit is written. So, he wuz wrong.

Yrrdead
11-07-2011, 20:01
Wow I totally missed this as well.

Mainly because it doesn't say to ignore the last sentence of the 2rd paragraph or some such.(Ignoring the fifth paragraph doesn't apply to maximum dice per spell, it refers to the removal of the restriction on only 1 gut magic being on a unit at a time.)

Page 60 - Gut Magic, Casting Gut Magic
Change the third paragraph to "Butchers and Slaughtermasters channel and cast spells in the normal manner. A Butcher counts as a Level 2 Wizard, and a Slaughtermaster as a Level 4 Wizard." Ignore the fifth paragraph.

Emphasis added mine.

Edit - In answer , like Tregar said no it isn't true but my reason is slightly different from Tregars :P

Tregar
11-07-2011, 20:25
...but, my answer is the correct one :confused: The only directive about how many dice you can roll is in the fifth paragraph, so... well... you know... I mean you might've missed it for a different reason, but the rule is the same for both of us for the same reason ;)

Yrrdead
11-07-2011, 21:37
I agree that your answer was correct and I understand what you are saying but you are slightly confused.

The OK FAQ isn't counting from the 1st paragraph of pg 60 (this is confusing I know). It is counting from Casting Gut Magic. This is not especially clear but if you take a look at what I quoted in the post above it should make sense.

So when in the FAQ they say ignore the fifth paragraph they are referring to the fifth paragraph after Casting Gut Magic. Not the fifth paragraph of pg 60.

The fifth paragraph that they want you to ignore is this:

Unlike remains in play spells, a Butcher may have more than one Gut Magic spell in play at any one time although no unit may have more than one Gut Magic spell in play upon it at any one time.

Lord Inquisitor
11-07-2011, 21:49
Yeah, this has confused several people ... as Yrrdead says, make sure you're deleting the right 5th paragraph! It's the 5th paragraph starting with "Casting Gut Magic" subheading. Otherwise the text about accruing dice is still in there and it removes the bit about the casting value doubling, which makes little sense.

T10
12-07-2011, 08:17
I'm sure my friend will be glad to hear this. :)

-T10