PDA

View Full Version : Grot tanks and Killa Kans

Npf6
11-07-2011, 16:31
So i have this insane deisre after looking through an ork project log to scratch build my own grot tanks. Unforunatley I dont reall play with IA books at my local gaming club and my friends also arnt a big fan of them atm.

So! My question is if I built 9 grot tanks and counted them as killa kans (same weapons and stats)and built the grot tanks to a size that was similar to the killa kan (give or take a bit) would they be ok to use in unoffical games and maybe even a local tournament?

Mannimarco
11-07-2011, 16:44
Thats a question best answered by the people you would be playing against. Its all very well saying "but a guy on the internet said it was ok" but we're not the ones playing you.

Npf6
11-07-2011, 16:49
oh of course i understand that! I guess I should have made this clearer. I am looking for your opinion.

a) Because people on warseer tend to have valid reasons for everything *wink wink*
b) Im using this as a pre-poll before i introduce the idea to my gaming circle

Hrw-Amen
11-07-2011, 17:18
Yes go for it.

Generaloftheabyss
11-07-2011, 17:35
sounds cool , just try to clearly represent the wargear being used (abit of consistency between the 9 tanks) and try keep size within reason. good luck.

GOTA

GrogDaTyrant
11-07-2011, 17:37
I say go for it. Grot Tanks were originally built as 'count-as' Buggies/Trakks. FW just adopted the oh-so-cute design and made up rules for them. If your group has issues with IA 8 (which is nowhere near the worst IA in terms of balance), then just count-as Kans or Buggies/Trakks and you'll be fine.

Ork players should first worry about how to go about building a conversion they're inspired by, and leave the 'how to field it part' for later.

Lord Damocles
11-07-2011, 18:41
I would have thought that counts-as buggies would make more sense.

Mannimarco
11-07-2011, 20:32
Ya know....I forgot about the IA8 list. Probably because its not Chaos. Use the IA8 list, grot tanks as grot tanks is almost crazy enough to work.

Clang
12-07-2011, 06:16
I deliberately built my grot tanks to be exactly the same height as a kan and roughly the same width/depth (although that's less important, due to the bulky arms). Just remind opponents before each game that they count as kans, I've never had any problems.