PDA

View Full Version : Would you let me use ogres as trolls?

Okuto
11-07-2011, 20:25
Just curious, if I were to use three ogre bulls as regular trolls would you allow it?

I have mine modeled as drunks with snotlings and gobbos running around so they have a greenskin favor. I just wanted to do it for fluff reasons(my warboss is a merc/loota)

So would you let me use a bunch of greenskin favored up ogres as trolls in an orc and gobbo army?

Scammel
11-07-2011, 20:27
Yes, it's an entirely suitable counts-as, you've not just taken some Ogres from an existing army and bunged them in, you've made them with the intention of themeing and using them as Trolls from the start.

Okuto
11-07-2011, 20:29
oh good, I don't use river trolls and the metal ones cost too much and lack character IMO thats why I'm asking

colonel kane trine
11-07-2011, 20:34
Id be fine with it! Ive see loads of things like that and I wouldnt mind at all aslong as I know what they are beforehand

popisdead
11-07-2011, 23:39
Just curious, if I were to use three ogre bulls as regular trolls would you allow it?

Yes so long as you had either a good conversion, or a good theme story.

If you are just using unprimed models with no effort that is a bit lame.

MrDwhitey
11-07-2011, 23:50
It'd probably be a better idea to ask those you play against, really.

But I wouldn't mind!

Cragum
12-07-2011, 00:08
like popisdead said, it would need a good reason why. I mean in my army I use yetis as stone trolls because my army is mountain based army. Whats the plan with them?

Okuto
12-07-2011, 00:28
Basically my warboss is a wandering sellsword who has a obsession of gold and loot and a bunch of norse smashed his army up good so he chased them to the northlands gathering up greenskins and ogres to go with him. Only to find his ladz started to get mutated as well as his ogres. In the end he found the norse killed a daemon prince on the way took his sword and is constantly fighting with the daemon prince's voice in his head. Now he wanders about looking for magic weapons ad goes south to fight as a merc for whoever. That's the short version basically my orcs and gobbos carry looted.weapons and my big uns are mutants from their time in the wastes well some of them are

Cragum
12-07-2011, 00:35
well this i believe i now want to see your models! how are you converting them?

Okuto
12-07-2011, 00:47
Well,my warboss carries a daemon sword and is strapped with weapons. The orcs themselves carry chaos,dwarf,human,lizardmen,ogre and tomb king weapons. The gobbos are mostly armed were stuntie ams and a few of the arrer boyz carry handguns. Awhile back when I had a dow army I. Used the old orc ror and it just grew from there. As I collected more armies I looted a few things to spice up my greenskins. like I really wanted to put a elf bolt thrower together so I looted one as a spear chukka. This edition I really wanted trolls as they're fiendishly good so I toyed with my ogres in my dow army and fit them in.

Feefait
12-07-2011, 02:21
There are a thousand threads asking basically the same thing. Bottom line is what your group will play with. Mine is ultracool with proxy. It gives us much more fun and freedom. But what a bunch of dudes on the internet say your local guys may not agree with. Ask them.

Alfract
12-07-2011, 02:24
Im liking the idea of converting them to look like that they are troll hunters, giving them cloaks and armed with big weapons that trolls would carry