PDA

View Full Version : Tomb King melee monster?

No-One
11-07-2011, 22:04
i was wondering what you guys would think would be the best bet for a Tomb King kitted out for melee combat, basically wanting him to have good tanking capability with (preferably)heavy armor(magic or otherwise)?

i plan on him being bunkered in a Tomb Guard unit, 30 strong

Kaiserdean
11-07-2011, 22:46
Putting a character on a monster, then in a unit isn't the best use of the monster.

I like having my Tomb King on a chariot, in a unit of chariots. I've also used the Warsphinx as a mount and like it a lot but be sure to keep him near your Necrotect that's hiding in a unit of Tomb Guard.

decker_cky
11-07-2011, 22:57
Starting out with armour of destiny and the 2+ ward against flaming attacks is the best bet. Sword of anti-heroes seems like a good fit into remaining points, with the other tricksters shard filling out his allowance.

w3rm
12-07-2011, 01:45
I like

Fencers Blade, Dawn Stone, Armour of Silvered Steel

Kaiserdean
12-07-2011, 19:40
I misread your post...

Personally, I give my general the Armor of Destiny and the Obsidian blade.

No-One
12-07-2011, 19:57
sounds good to me, i'm mainly wanting him to have heavy armor and such from a fluff perspective, basically being that he is a ancient warrior who goes into battle wearing armor that is far heavier than should be capable for a mortal to carry, Anuk'a'barak will probably march to battle without a mount, seeing himself as a physical representation of war, not needing something to carry him into battle.

i'd like for him to have a great weapon of some sort, magic preferably, because in the fluff he wields ushabti's weapon in battle, very large for him but still within his capabilities

musical
18-07-2011, 11:04
I have this idea of a ultra resilient Tomb King which I plan to try out:
trickers helm+talsiman of preservation, it is basically heavy armour (5+, light armour+helm)
you get a re-roll any successful to wound rolls and a 4+ ward save, against S4 attacks it is basically an extra 3+ ward save.

drear
18-07-2011, 13:11
your topic title and what you actually want seem to be at odds.

either you want him kitted out for combat.
or you want him to match your own fluff.

if he wears heavy armour and a great weapon, he isnt going to be very combat efficiant..asl and a 5+ save

if he takes some of the combos abouve he will be great, 2+ save, ward magical weapon etc etc