PDA

View Full Version : How would you feel

Oathkeeper
12-07-2011, 02:53
How would you feel if I was to use Lugft Huron in a Codex Space marine army and would you as a gamer play against this army.

Mannimarco
12-07-2011, 02:56
Seeing as you are allowed to use him in a SM army anyway I cant see it being a big deal.

Colonel Kolm
12-07-2011, 03:14
why not he was after all a loyalist once upon a time

Aliarzathanil
12-07-2011, 03:20
If the marines are painted in proper heraldry, sure.

Bestaltan
12-07-2011, 03:22
I'm a bit confused. Are you asking about just the model, or all of his rules?

Spudley666
12-07-2011, 03:26
yeah of coarse he can be used. He is a named charactor so doesnt even need the same name. And the marines dont HAVE to painted to correct heraldry unless stated in some ruling

Lothlanathorian
12-07-2011, 04:07
I voted yes because, you know, there are rules for using him in a Space Marine army in Index Astartes 9 or 10, if I remember right (have only glanced at them so far). And, if you wanted to use his CSM rules, well, I'd probably still allow it, really.

Oathkeeper
12-07-2011, 04:23
Bestaltin Yeah I was talking about the rules and the model.

The whole reason I started this thread was because I wanted to know if people would be willing to play against him I am pretty strapped for cash right now and I didn't want to waste money on a model that people wouldn't
be willing to play against.

Axeman1n
12-07-2011, 06:17
I'd prefer you to use SM characters for Space Marine armies. Chaos Characters for Space Marine armies is a bit of a stretch for me. You can do a counts as legion out of the SM codex using which ever character in there you wish.

Wyrmwood
12-07-2011, 06:31
Lufgt Huron is a legal choice using the Badab War books from Forge World... So, yeah. Besides that, are you talking about his entry in Codex: Chaos Space Marines?

Lord Damocles
12-07-2011, 10:11
Chaos Huron (C:CSM) - no

Loyalist Huron (FW) - yes

Latro_
12-07-2011, 10:43
i voted no, just to wind Mannimarco up since hes from forge world :)

Theodred
12-07-2011, 10:45
Yeah, if you want to buy the Forgeworld book and use him, sure. But just using the Chaos entry in a SM army? Forget it.

Sister_Sin
12-07-2011, 10:49
Sure would, why not?

Sister Sin

LonelyPath
12-07-2011, 10:52
Chaos Huron (C:CSM) - no

Loyalist Huron (FW) - yes

That sums it up for me also.

ex-green
12-07-2011, 12:23
I vote NO.
Its the same as using Abbadon and his rules, he was loyal once as well, or any of the other C:CSM characters.
In a Forgeworld army then yes using the full rules from IA.

jt.glass
12-07-2011, 12:30
That sums it up for me also.Me too, although I voted yes because it never occured to me that he would mean the chaos version rather than the loyalist version. If the OP meant the chaos version, then probably not. Maybe, if there was a compelling enough reason.

Of course, what we out here in Internet-land think is very much less relevant than what your opponents think!

jt.

Spider-pope
12-07-2011, 14:22
If you mean the Forgeworld version, if he was used in a kick ass Astral Claws army then yes.
If you mean the Chaos version, if he was used in a kick ass Red Corsairs army then yes.

If you mean either version in an army comprised of unpainted/undercoated marines that last week were Blood Angels and the week before Space Wolves and are now Astral Claws because they get such and such as a bonus then yes, but i wouldn't enjoy it as much.

Fixer
12-07-2011, 16:29
Personally I wouldn't be bothered if someone tried to field the Chaos Codex Huron against me in any form. Have you seen this rules? He's terrible!

Have him lead your Tau army if you like.

Mannimarco
12-07-2011, 16:29
i voted no, just to wind Mannimarco up since hes from forge world :)

Sir thems fighting words where I come from! I challenge you to a 10 page debate on the legality of forgeworld and whether or not they can be included in a regular game! :p

Casper Hawser
12-07-2011, 17:34
I vote NO.
Its the same as using Abbadon and his rules, he was loyal once as well, or any of the other C:CSM characters.
In a Forgeworld army then yes using the full rules from IA.

It's not the same the guys using Lufgt Huron from IA 8&9 not Huron Blackheart from CM codex same marine diffrent time periods

Captain Idaho
12-07-2011, 17:58
why not he was after all a loyalist once upon a time

So was Abaddon...

Mannimarco
12-07-2011, 18:15
I think more than a couple of people are mixing up what the OP is talking about. He specifically mentions Lugft Huron (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/LUGFT-HURON-CHAPTER-MASTER-OF-THE-ASTRAL-CLAWS.html) and not Huron "arr a pirates life for me me mateys" blackheart (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1160031a) so no, its nothing like using Abaddon "because he used to be a loyalist". Its using a loyalist model who has rules saying he can be used in a Codex: Space Marine army.

Dangersaurus
12-07-2011, 18:18
Obviously some people don't know that a Huron exists outside of the CSM Codex. Honestly though, I'd play against either, with enough justification.

Sir thems fighting words where I come from! I challenge you to a 10 page debate on the legality of forgeworld and whether or not they can be included in a regular game! :p

Can it wait 'til August? We've hit the quota for those this month and August is always slow. :D

Latro_
12-07-2011, 18:36

haha *runs for cover*