PDA

View Full Version : Vampire counts 2000 storm of magic

12-07-2011, 14:37
First go at a storm of magic list (2,000) what do you think?

Vampire lord
Forbidden lore, summon ghouls, beguile, infinite hatred - edit - not summon ghouls but the one that is 15 points that allows you to raise them beyond their starting size
The other tricksters shard, talisman of preservation, cadaverous cuirass, talisman of lynci.

Vampire
Forbidden lore, summon ghouls, black periapt, flayed hauberk.

Necromancer
Hand of dust

Necromancer
Warrior bane

Wight king
Battle standard, banner of hellfire.

34 ghouls
ghast

35 ghouls
ghast

20 grave guard
great weapons, royal standard of strigos, command

Corpse cart with balefire

Chimera
Whip tongue, fiend tail

Chimera
Whip tongue, fiend tail

Dragon ogre
Great weapon

13-07-2011, 13:12
opinions please.

Algovil
13-07-2011, 14:39
I like the Lord, but is those powers not over 100p?

Not sure if you need two Vampires with Summon Ghouls-power. You need VHDM, if none of your vampires have it, then your necromancers must have it IMO.

Banner of the Barrows is better than Standard of Strigos in most situations, even more so with a Wight King in the unit. A favorite setup for my Wight King is: Sword of Kings, Gem of Blood, a real assasin. I find that better than giving him a magic standard. The Grave Guard unit is a bit small, but if you use it 3x7 with the Wight King it could work well. I believe it is better to split your forces a bit more in a SoM game.

Not sure if it is worth giving your necromancers items. I would rather take a third Necro and give them all IoN and VHDM. That way you can spam with few dice you will not need the summon Ghouls Power really, if you are happy with 30 ghouls that is.

Corpse Carts will probably not live for long, but -1 to cast could be great in SoM.

Black Periapt is of no big value in SoM IMO with all the dice.

I have not played SoM yet, but I believe VC could be strong with many cheap Necros and Vampires with forbidden Lore. You also need to be able to take Fulcrums and Protect them as well. The Lord is great for this.

I can not say much about the monsters since I have not read the book, but you might need something fast and hard hitting, to attack lone wizards, and to intercept other attackers, since your necros are not strong in defence, they need this support. I would go for Monsters with hitting power for the reason that your army could be quite tough and hard to kill, but we might have trouble with defending and attacking spread out Fulcrums.

Seal Cub
13-07-2011, 16:46
I'm pretty sure this list is illegal, I believe that you only can have two scrolls of binding in an army under 3000p. Although I have not read the rules cover to cover, just skimmed it through ^^

Algovil
13-07-2011, 17:00
2 scrolls of the same monster!

Seal Cub
14-07-2011, 00:22
Sorry, my mistake! ^^

Bloodmire
14-07-2011, 08:35
I have no idea what this list will do. I play Vampires and I almost barfed when I looked at this. The ghouls were the best thing I saw. In SoM - try to use magic.

Try this:
Vampire Lord - Lv3, Forbidden Lore (Fire or Heavens), Master of the Black Arts,
The Trickster's Shard, Flayed Hauberk, Amulet of Preservation (in case you get knocked off)

Vampire - Forbidden Lore (Vampires), Armor of Darkness
Vampire - Forbidden Lore (choose), Armor of Slivered Steel, Nightmare
(equip this bad boy w/ Dawnstar Sword, put in unit of Bloodknights and destory anything, charge fulcrums if you want...)

Take this all with a grain of Salt..but trust me it works...

thesheriff
14-07-2011, 09:22
First of all; what lores are you taking.

Secondly, no black coaches? It should get 2-3 dice a turn average. I mean, why not?

thesheriff

14-07-2011, 12:33
I'm pretty sure this list is illegal, I believe that you only can have two scrolls of binding in an army under 3000p. Although I have not read the rules cover to cover, just skimmed it through ^^
You can only have 2 of the same scrolls of binding so for example you can only have a maximum of 2 manticores

14-07-2011, 12:36
I have no idea what this list will do. I play Vampires and I almost barfed when I looked at this. The ghouls were the best thing I saw. In SoM - try to use magic.

Try this:
Vampire Lord - Lv3, Forbidden Lore (Fire or Heavens), Master of the Black Arts,
The Trickster's Shard, Flayed Hauberk, Amulet of Preservation (in case you get knocked off)

Vampire - Forbidden Lore (Vampires), Armor of Darkness
Vampire - Forbidden Lore (choose), Armor of Slivered Steel, Nightmare
(equip this bad boy w/ Dawnstar Sword, put in unit of Bloodknights and destory anything, charge fulcrums if you want...)

Take this all with a grain of Salt..but trust me it works...

Putting a vamp lord on a fulcrum is risky, first the chances of miscast are much higher and nastier, second he will be target for all and sundry but he is very good at going after over people's fulcrums stick him in the unit and when the time is right move out with movement 9 to charge opposing fulcrum holder and take it.

Vampire and blood knights would be costly and my grave guard unit with a great weapon and flaming attacks should take on most monsters.

14-07-2011, 12:42
I like the Lord, but is those powers not over 100p?

Not sure if you need two Vampires with Summon Ghouls-power. You need VHDM, if none of your vampires have it, then your necromancers must have it IMO.

Banner of the Barrows is better than Standard of Strigos in most situations, even more so with a Wight King in the unit. A favorite setup for my Wight King is: Sword of Kings, Gem of Blood, a real assasin. I find that better than giving him a magic standard. The Grave Guard unit is a bit small, but if you use it 3x7 with the Wight King it could work well. I believe it is better to split your forces a bit more in a SoM game.

Not sure if it is worth giving your necromancers items. I would rather take a third Necro and give them all IoN and VHDM. That way you can spam with few dice you will not need the summon Ghouls Power really, if you are happy with 30 ghouls that is.

Corpse Carts will probably not live for long, but -1 to cast could be great in SoM.

Black Periapt is of no big value in SoM IMO with all the dice.

I have not played SoM yet, but I believe VC could be strong with many cheap Necros and Vampires with forbidden Lore. You also need to be able to take Fulcrums and Protect them as well. The Lord is great for this.

I can not say much about the monsters since I have not read the book, but you might need something fast and hard hitting, to attack lone wizards, and to intercept other attackers, since your necros are not strong in defence, they need this support. I would go for Monsters with hitting power for the reason that your army could be quite tough and hard to kill, but we might have trouble with defending and attacking spread out Fulcrums.

Already planned necro's to have VHDM, the wight king has a banner for flaming attacks to take care of regenerating monsters, 3 x 7 unit sounds good.

Possibly right on Black periapt will look for alternatives.

Chimera's are fast hard hitting monsters so I have that covered.

15-07-2011, 14:56
The list Mk2

Vampire lord
Forbidden lore, summon ghouls, beguile, infinite hatred
The other tricksters shard, talisman of preservation, cadaverous cuirass, talisman of lynci.

Vampire
Forbidden lore, summon ghouls, flayed hauberk.

Necromancer
Hand of dust, extra spell (invocation of nehek and Vanhels)

Necromancer (vanhels)
Warrior bane

Wight king
Battle standard, banner of hellfire.

34 ghouls
ghast

35 ghouls
ghast

20 grave guard
great weapons, royal standard of strigos, command

Chimera

Chimera

Dragon ogre
additional hand weapon

Dragon ogre
additional hand weapon

What do you think of list mk2 also what lores do you think for the vamps I am thinking shadow for the normal vamp and fire for the vamp lord