music

spawn
slannesh

5 warhounds

5 warhounds

hell cannon

warshine
tzeentch

its bein a while snice i played chaos so any input wud be awsum cheers in advance

Morax
12-07-2011, 17:07
The puppet/third eye of tzeentch are awesome. Working them in is almost a must when dealing with 6 levels of magic in your list.

Your unit of maruders are horribly small and with only a 6+/6++ to save them they will die quickly. They work better in units with considerable size, between 30 and 50. Also having mixed roles for them doesn't work out too well for them like it can for chaos warriors. Either take hitting power and go with greatweapons and mark of Khorne, or go with awesome tar pit and take light armor, shields, and mark of Tzeentch.

The Knights would gain a lot from a magical standard. If you are set on mark of Tzeentch for them then the blasted standard comes to mind. A 4++ against shooting is crazy good for that unit.

Personally I'm not sold on the Hell cannon when fielded solo and not supported by a list built around it. 2 working in tandem, backed by a bsb with the doom totem and a pair of spawn to work as speed bumps works wonders. One just seems like a gimic.

The spawn is a little unreliable to work as a flanker, not fast enough to go for warmachines and other small units, and lacks the staying power to make much of a speed bump when fielded solo.

It looks like you have a bunch of anvil units and only one dedicated hammer in the trolls. Base Chaos warriors are nice but in 8th they need to be geared all out inorder to break things. Too many armies can bog them down and beat them in a war of attrition. Either give them halberds and the banner of rage/mark of Khorne, or include a few more hammers that can bust up units and then beef up the anvil so it can break steadfast.

nazgor
12-07-2011, 18:59
cheers for the imput im just trying to field what i own or wont cost too much to buy lol if i drop the hell cannon it will free up 205 pts i wanna kinda keep the 2 warror units but again u probly shud give em hailburgs maraders are small as i lacked points tbf i could drop the trolls an throgg but dont know what to replace em with

Morax
12-07-2011, 19:33
I like the trolls and throgg personally, have them in my WoC list. Hit like a ton of bricks and Throgg can disolve a unit to slimy muck by himself. Just gotta make sure they stick near the BSB to reroll stupidity checks.

The warrior units are fine, they just need a focus. 20 Warriors with mark of Tzeench hand weapon and shield are incredible, highly resilient and takes a lot to shift. Just don't expect to guinsu things with them. 18 warriors with halberds, mark of Khorne and the wailing banner eat units for breakfast, particularly if you wack them with the blessing from the shrine. The problem is that your units are kinda in-between.

nazgor
12-07-2011, 20:21
re- done tho i have 272 points spare so any ideas wud be cool

sorcerer lord lvl 4
Tzeentch
spell familiar
talisman of perserv 4+ ward

exalted hero
bsb
tzeentch
sheild
sword of might