PDA

View Full Version : Mythic Artefacts

SacredCow
12-07-2011, 23:58
Can they be given to special characters?

GodlessM
13-07-2011, 00:41
Only if the SC's rules allow it; most specifically say that they cannot have any upgrades and can only use what items that are in their rules.

SacredCow
13-07-2011, 02:09
Very good. If they were able to take them, it would have created some uncomfortable situations.

artisturn
13-07-2011, 02:44
So what is the consensus on Dwarfs being able to carry some of these cool items.

Just got my book today but haven't thoroughly read it yet.

It would be cool to let my nephew know his army could take some of these items.

Now I plan on giving the Giant helm to my Night Goblin warboss and the Dawnsword to my Vampire Lord.

Lord Zarkov
13-07-2011, 07:03
So what is the consensus on Dwarfs being able to carry some of these cool items.

Just got my book today but haven't thoroughly read it yet.

It would be cool to let my nephew know his army could take some of these items.

Now I plan on giving the Giant helm to my Night Goblin warboss and the Dawnsword to my Vampire Lord.

Dwarfs can use the items - they are bought for the army and then allocated to characters as you see fit - irregardless of magic item allowances (the only restriction is you can't have an item if you have a magic item of the same type).

Note this also means you could give one to say a character bought with a Scroll of Binding (although it might not be a good idea).

Bloodedsoul
13-07-2011, 20:41
Same question but in regards to daemons, can they take the items? I keep seeing post saying they can not, but a quick search of the rules forums, I can not see where anyone made a post of this.

Mr_Rose
13-07-2011, 21:12
The army buys them from its "Magic and Monsters" allowance (the extra 25% of the nominal point value you get to spend in SoM) and each item "must be allocated to a different character in your army" and they "do not count towards your character's maximum allowance of magic items" and characters can be given "a mythic artefact of any points value, providing he is not already carrying a magic item of the same type."

Lord Zarkov
13-07-2011, 21:41
Same question but in regards to daemons, can they take the items? I keep seeing post saying they can not, but a quick search of the rules forums, I can not see where anyone made a post of this.

Yes Daemons can take them as well. Heck even some of the Bound Monsters can take them.
Any character from any army can take them, with the exception of the old school Special Characters which specifically forbid you from giving them any extra equipment.