PDA

View Full Version : skaven questions:

semper_fi
13-07-2011, 16:18
hey all just have a few skavenrelated questions:

1: ratling guns: Suppose i roll a [4] on determening the amout of shots fired with it, do i have to roll 4 times my BS or just once?? seems logical to me that i only need to roll it once

2: skaven leadership: is there anyway to boost it to a more viable value say 7 or 8 or even higher

3: regarding percentages : do i need to follow the rulebook or the army book. getting confused by it

Ravenar
13-07-2011, 16:32
1: You will want to roll all 4 times. By the time you factor in any penalties, you will want the extra dice. (Ref: No books here with me in Iraq so feel free to correct/add to as needed)

2: Strength in Numbers (look in your Army book) is one of your greatest... well stengths.

3: Army book will be followed before rulebook in almost all cases... and I do mean 99.99999% I will not say 100% because we always find some exception. Edit: With that in mind, be sure to download and read your book's errata and FAQ. It will answer lots of your questions before you come here. It may also cause you to come here with questions.

Other than that, good luck with the rat people.

Warrior of Chaos
13-07-2011, 19:37
1: ratling guns: Suppose i roll a [4] on determening the amout of shots fired with it, do i have to roll 4 times my BS or just once?? seems logical to me that i only need to roll it once

* You roll a number of dice equal to the amount of shots you generated with the ratling gun.

2: skaven leadership: is there anyway to boost it to a more viable value say 7 or 8 or even higher

* "Strength in Numbers" is a special rule for the Skaven allowing you to add your rank bonus to your leadership....read the Army Book for further information.

3: regarding percentages : do i need to follow the rulebook or the army book. getting confused by it

* In the case of the 8th Edition rules, for percentages regarding army composition you use the BRB not the Army Book rules....remember to read the errata for both books to clear up any issues.

T10
15-07-2011, 07:35
1. You roll a number of shots, and each shots need to roll To Hit.

2. You are mostly reliant on the Ld bonus from Strength in Numbers. Notice that your Warlord or Grey Seer has Ld 7, so most of your deeply ranked regiments will add +3 to this for the maximum Ld 10. Out of the book, however, only the Standard of Discipline common magic item from the rule book will help improve your Ld value, and then only if you put the general into the unit with the banner.

semper_fi
15-07-2011, 10:52
cool thx all for the comments:

totally missed/forgot/blacked out on the strength in numbers rule what was i thinking :P

im dropping the ratlingguns,ill e going for a few morats instead, more fun better kill ratio

confusion is over, ill just follow the percentage value preented in the 8th rulebook, was easier to set up my army

thanks again

T10
15-07-2011, 11:19
im dropping the ratlingguns,ill e going for a few morats instead, more fun better kill ratio

I can only assume that you mean "more clan rats in my regiments", but I can't see how that would get you either of "more fun" or "better kill ratio" compared to the ratling gun.

-T10

Turandil
15-07-2011, 12:18
I can only assume that you mean "more clan rats in my regiments", but I can't see how that would get you either of "more fun" or "better kill ratio" compared to the ratling gun.

-T10

I think he means mortars.

semper_fi
15-07-2011, 12:53
hehehehe, having a bit of type problems today. i really ment mortars hahahaha