PDA

View Full Version : Sourcebooks Unavailable

Orphic
13-07-2011, 20:46
It appears the sourcebooks aren't available for purchase anymore. With the Hobbit out in the future, could this potentially mean a revamp for the system/s?

Leogun_91
16-07-2011, 14:16
It appears the sourcebooks aren't available for purchase anymore. With the Hobbit out in the future, could this potentially mean a revamp for the system/s?It is a possibility.

Pacorko
17-07-2011, 21:26
Or it maybe that they finally ran out of the slow-sellers (face IT guys: we are not that many BLOKES buying the print-runs as soon as they get out) and... well... might just want to keep it simple and stay with printing just the Strategy Battle Game and the War of the Ring rulebooks, while just posting the army lists on the pertinent section in their website.

It's way too early to think that it's because of the Hobbit film that they are working on a revamp. I do believe that the sourcebooks, while nice reads, didn't add that much to the game proper and the really useful stuff could be condensed to 8-10 webpages with all the necessary bits to play any given race or nation within the two factions.

Besides, it would be a nice touch if they made the list and the basic background readily available for free. Who knows? It might actually help to sell a few more models. :eyebrows:

yabbadabba
19-07-2011, 13:20
Chances are that The Hobbit will be a SBG revamp, especially with the first film. We could see the old books get put together in a compendium, or even go onto free pdf download.

With the second film chances are we will see a WotR revamp.

I would stress though that initially the emphasis will be on The Hobbit.

decker_cky
19-07-2011, 14:28
I'd imagine there'll be an updated core game with a more complete ruleset. Possibly even include Legions into the core rules for the hardcover book, but surely they'll include all the available units in the rules.

herbtarkel
30-07-2011, 00:04
I was lucky enough to get them as they came out, so have a complete set. Good reading for the most part.
Looking forward to the Hobbit stuff, should be interesting.