PDA

View Full Version : What weapons is Angron equipped with?

daemonprinceyourself
14-07-2011, 05:01
I am going to try to build myself a post-heresy, pre-daemon prince Angron and I'm not sure what he is equipped with. I am certainly giving him a massive plasticard Gorefather axe. But I have seen pictures of him equipped with a plasma pistol, sometimes a second axe, and sometimes nothing. So I was wondering what he actually has as his offhand weapon if anything. Thanks guys!

Aliarzathanil
14-07-2011, 07:27
Whatever he wants, I imagine. I believe he had a long handed chain/axe glaive thing, but I think alot of primarchs used multiple weapons. Rogal Dorn seems to have more than a few attributed to him.

I don't recall him using a gun in the Heresy books, but that could have been because he was too batshit insane to use one. When Kharn is your diploment, well, you're not known for subtly.

Orphic
14-07-2011, 07:55
I'm pretty sure in Fulgrim he equipped two swords whereas in the other books he had the chain-glaive. Almost certain that Kharns axe used to be Angrons too

Castigator
14-07-2011, 08:00
Almost certain that Kharns axe used to be Angrons too

This is what Lexicanum says.. for what it's worth.

Gorechild is a huge chainaxe and is an artifact from the Great Crusade. Its teeth come from the jaws of mica-dragons of the death world Luther McIntyre IX, its haft forged from adamantium and its head is a full three spans across1. Originally wielded as a pair by Angron along with itís twin Gorefather, it is now used by Kh‚rn the Betrayer.

So, dual-wielding Gorechild essentially. And since that confers no bonus beyond additional attack for two weapons, using the Kharn/Gorechild profile is a fair approximation I guess.

Dark Aly
14-07-2011, 08:20
I also remember him taking two swords- It's in the third horus book which name escapes me at the present

Lord Gabranth
14-07-2011, 12:32
Let The Galaxy Burn and he was weilding twin chainaxes in that one. I just finished reading it

daemonprinceyourself
14-07-2011, 15:41
Alright so do you have any idea when he gifted Gorechild to Kharn? Because I have him in the army wielding Gorechild, and it wouldn't make much sense having Angron with one too. And do you think taking that one metal imperial fists terminator captain (name escapes me) as an approximation could work for Angron? I got an extra body my friend had and he is a very pissed off looking guy, which just made me think Angron. And he's larger than the average marine by a heads height. Just have to make custom arms and shoulder pads was my plan.

Herman the Heathen
14-07-2011, 15:42
At page 380 in "False Gods" you have the perfect description of how Angron is armed.

Clad in a suit of Gladiatorial armour, armed with short stabbing swords and long daggers. Some sort of "ornate" pistol of antique design.
And of course a giant chain-glaive.

Wyrmwood
14-07-2011, 18:59
This is silly. These threads crop up all the time, use of the search function (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287634&highlight=Angron+weapons) is a good skill to have; it has the benefit of not clustering this sub forum even more.

The third Horus Heresy novel is called Galaxy in Flames, Let the Galaxy Burn is a short story anthology from a few years past. :) Also, Angron wielded two chainaxes and then (presumably) switched to a large chainglaive (or it could have been the other way around). After his ascension to deamonhood, he used a runesword.

Am-heh
14-07-2011, 19:24
I am going to try to build myself a post-heresy, pre-daemon prince Angron and I'm not sure what he is equipped with.

as i read here (http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2110495_The_Battle_for_Armageddon) Angron wield his black blade:

Angronís Black Blade: Angron is armed with a Chaos
blade. It counts as a master-crafted close combat
weapon that causes Instant Death.

PS: don't forget his 2 to 12 bloodpals behind him ^^

Mannimarco
14-07-2011, 19:47
You're not really giving ourself much time: Angron was already a daemon prince by the time he hit Terra. There are already a couple of models out there of him and several conversions to draw inspiration from though.

That non daemon one I believe has Archaon (WHFB) on foot legs and what I think is Mephistons torso. There is a resin version of this by "Velard" but he is close to inquisitor scale. They usually go for around £40 on ebay. Ive seen them go for closer to 100 though and IMHO they're not really worth it. You can get an Angron from Kabuki models here although he is quite small.

http://www.kabukimodels.com/index.php?go=produkt&id=27

DuskRaider
14-07-2011, 20:23
Meh... the Kabuki model looks nothing like Angron, IMO.

Wyrmwood
14-07-2011, 20:35
Meh... the Kabuki model looks nothing like Angron, IMO.
It bears enough semblance to be recognisable as Angron, but it doesn't look enough like him to be terribly convincing. Also, the legs look incredibly disproportionate from that angle; I'd rather pay more for the "Velard" version, or try and kitbash my own.

DuskRaider
14-07-2011, 20:59
That and he's WAY too small / skinny.

Wyrmwood
14-07-2011, 21:03
That and he's WAY too small / skinny.
I'm glad it's not just me, though the legs hold the main gripe for me.

Pushkin
14-07-2011, 21:16
In epic he was just armed with a sword, but i wouldn't say that's definitive you can arm him with whatever you want really, i'd go with an axe and a chainglaive personally!

Oh and he's meant to be huge, like approaching titan size!

EDIT just realised you wanted pre-daemon prince sorry!

Lord Gabranth
14-07-2011, 21:45
This is silly. These threads crop up all the time, use of the search function (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287634&highlight=Angron+weapons) is a good skill to have; it has the benefit of not clustering this sub forum even more.

The third Horus Heresy novel is called Galaxy in Flames, Let the Galaxy Burn is a short story anthology from a few years past. :) Also, Angron wielded two chainaxes and then (presumably) switched to a large chainglaive (or it could have been the other way around). After his ascension to deamonhood, he used a runesword.

Well that makes me feel dumb. I just finished the book and I already forgot the title........:cries:

Wyrmwood
14-07-2011, 22:08
In epic he was just armed with a sword, but i wouldn't say that's definitive you can arm him with whatever you want really, i'd go with an axe and a chainglaive personally!

Oh and he's meant to be huge, like approaching titan size!

EDIT just realised you wanted pre-daemon prince sorry!
Aye, in William King's Battle for Terra the sword is referred to as a/the runesword. I'm not sure if that grants it any special properties above any weapon wielded by a Primarch/Deamon Prince, but I like the idea that it can carve tears in reality.

Well that makes me feel dumb. I just finished the book and I already forgot the title........:cries:
Nah, don't feel dumb - the titles essentially mean the same thing.

daemonprinceyourself
15-07-2011, 01:47
Soo it seems like it is up in the air what he is equipped with. I'm going with a massive axe to act as Gorefather. :) I can't imagine my conversion will look anywhere near as cool as those resin models, but hopefully he can be something I'm proud of. And I did not know he was a daemon prince when he assaulted Terra! Very interesting to know! Thanks guys!

The Orange
15-07-2011, 05:47
Soo it seems like it is up in the air what he is equipped with.

He's a primarch, it's a bit silly to think they'd regulate themselves to one specific weapon load out. No doubt over the years they've used a multitude of weapons as well as armor sets, etc. So i'd say feel free to go to town making him look the way you think he'd look.

Havock
15-07-2011, 13:43
Bloodthirster nunchuks.

Lord Gabranth
15-07-2011, 15:31
Like a nunchuck made out of bloodthirsters? That would be epic. If not, still epic. Screaming and charging at you Angron unsheathes his dreadded bloodthirster nunchucks to whip your ass

Havock
15-07-2011, 16:29
Yes, two bloodthirsters connected by a chain.

Still wielding their axes, of course, so you can get hit in the face by a bloodthirster who will hit your face repeatedly with axes. Or once, if that is all it takes (likelyhood: so very high!)

Lord Gabranth
15-07-2011, 18:06
Yes, two bloodthirsters connected by a chain.

Still wielding their axes, of course, so you can get hit in the face by a bloodthirster who will hit your face repeatedly with axes. Or once, if that is all it takes (likelyhood: so very high!)

I have such an epic picture painted in my head now good sir. Thank you. It brings tears to my eyes thinking about something so epic.............