PDA

View Full Version : Effects of multiple forest/terrain of same type

Kadris
14-07-2011, 04:17
This question is stemming from the new artifact in the SoM, Living Deadwood Staff. With it forests can be moved around and whatnot which leads to questions regarding a unit in multiple forests at the same time.

The biggest one I think is if a unit is in multiple blood forests and get hit with a spell. Does the unit suffer one resolution of a blood forest attack and thats it, or is it resolved for each forest?

The description reads "Whenever a spell is successfully cast by (or at) a MODEL in a blood forest, all units..." which leads me to think its just the closest forest that goes nuts even though it may affect a unit. Or is there rules about the terrain that I am unable to find that states a unit can be affected by only 1 terrain at a time.

NTJ2010
14-07-2011, 05:19
Unless someone can find a rule that supports something else I would go with it only happens once since, as you pointed out, it says if a spell is cast on or from a model within a blood forest (doesn't say if a spell is cast from a blood forest or into a blood forest then the blood forest attacks)

T10
14-07-2011, 06:47
For spells with effects that are allocated as shooting hits, the controlling player selects which of the models in his unit are affected. Certain models may be exempt (such as characters or champions). If he can allocate the spells effects to models only in one Blood Forest, then only that forest will attack.

For spells that affect the entire unit, all models are counted.

For spells that restore models to the unit, e.g. Regrowth or Invocation of Nehek, resolve these as you see fit...

-T10

Kadris
14-07-2011, 14:46
For spells that affect the entire unit, all models are counted.

-T10

so if its a hex that hits the whole unit like Iceshard Blizzard (a hex that affects a unit) then all the forests in contact would go nuts?

T10
14-07-2011, 19:09
Well, all the models suffer the penalty, so it's fair to say the spell was cast "at" all of them. So each Blood Forest that contains an affected model attacks.