PDA

View Full Version : 3k WoC mono Tzeentch

Morax
14-07-2011, 17:29
Chaos Lord 315
Shield, Mark of Tzeentch, Talisman of Preservation, Ogre Blade

Sorcerer Lord 435
Level 4, Mark of Tzeentch, Disc of Tzeentch, Golden Eye of Tzeentch, Crimson Armor of Dargan, Infernal Puppet, Third Eye of Tzeentch

Throgg the Troll King 175

Exalted Hero 195
Mark of Tzeentch, Battle Standard Bearer, Enchanted Shield, Talisman of Endurance, Ironcurse Icon

24 Chaos Warriors 434
Shields, Mark of Tzeentch, Command

40 Chaos Marauders 240
Shields, Mark of Tzeentch, Command

5 Chaos Trolls 225

8 Chaos Hounds 48

8 Chaos Hounds 48

24 Chaos Chosen 581
Halberds, Mark of Tzeentch, Command Wailing Standard, Favor of the Gods

Warshrine 150
Mark of Tzeentch

Warshrine 150
Mark of Tzeentch

Morax
14-07-2011, 18:09
The base idea for this list was how nasty of a list could I make out of two battalion box sets. Out came this, as you can see the bulk of it comes in two battalions and Throgg and the chaos trolls can easily be swaped out for 10 chaos knights, or maybe 8 with some upgrades.

The trolls and Throgg got added for some fluff, I can't think of anything more tzeentchy then models that mutate as the game goes on. Making them out of two river troll box sets and every bit in the box, should have a mutated enough feel to them by the time I am done.

The shrines are competitive and fun to build, get to flex my converting muscle. One is planned out from a deamon prince box, a corpse cart and a 2002 gamesday model that I have sitting around. Not quite sure what to do with the other but I am thinking of having some fun with a stegadon or a warsphinx and the 2009 gamesday model.

The Chosen are just aching for a space holder in the form of Harry the Hammer. Not sure what else to fit into the unit but I'm thinking a head swap is in order from the new manticore box set, the four eyed helm is just purty.

The Chaos lord will be my Archaon on foot model as he is just a box of awesome. The bsb will be made out of the Crom the Conqueror model with either a con for the standard or packing him on a calvary base and giving him a slave to hold the thing. The sorcerer lord is made out of the changeling and a disc, really the easiest conversion in the list but just might look the best.

Honestly the whole idea of playing WoC was just to put down all of the limited edition models I own in a single army.

warpsucker
14-07-2011, 19:44
The list looks good. I don't think you should drop throgg and the trolls. They might not be super hard boys competetive, but they're certainly not bad. Besides, they're just cool.

GenerationTerrorist
15-07-2011, 17:18
I like the list alot :-)
Most people (myself included!) tend to skip a Chaos Lord, or atleast put the ToP on the highest ranking Disc Rider. Nice to see a different angle on it. Dargan is a great piece of kit with all the multi-wounding and Killing Blow stuff about these days, and I always take it on my own Lord.

One pair of suggestions I could think of is for the Lord to go in with the Chosen, swap the above ToP onto the Sorcerer Lord, and give the Lord the Collar of Khorne for some extra MR Ward Save goodness for the entire unit - They WILL need it, as they WILL be a target for every single mega-spell out there from my own experience. Then put the BSB in with the Warriors to make a nice 25-strong Anvil. That unit will be a pain in the backside for anyone to shift.

Also it is nice to see someone doing a WoC list at 3K+ without the Double Hellcannon of Doom setup!

One small weakness that I do see is the lack of something to flank charge and tip a combat (or break Steadfast) in your favour. I'm of course thinking about Chaos Knights. A unit of those may be better at this sort of job than the Throgg/Troll unit, but I guess it is down to preference.

Good luck :-)