PDA

View Full Version : SOM- mad wizard scenario

drear
15-07-2011, 11:47
i played half a game of this scenario yesturday. and i came upon somthing i wasnt sure of.

so a fulcrum is a building, and it allows 1 model to assault the wizard 'garrisoned' inside /ontop etc of it .

now the mad wizard scenario has him teliporting him and his fulcrum around the board.

turn 1 he teliports next to my templeguard, i charge the fulcrum, and send my unit champion to attack the mad wizard.

i wounded the wizard, so he lost combat. normally if you loose combat, you exit the building if you fail your leadership. however the wizards rules say if he leaves the fulcrum, he is removed from play.

so we took it that if you can beat him in combat, but not kill him, and he fails his LD he dies?

Memnos
15-07-2011, 12:03
Quote page number saying if he is forced to leave the fulcrum he dies? There are several things that let you leave. Heck - there's a cantrip that specifically says the wizard takes a S10 hit and is removed from the fulcrum.

drear
15-07-2011, 12:19
...it says it in the scenario, the very breif 2 pages with the massive number 1 in the corner o.o

T10
15-07-2011, 13:06
i wounded the wizard, so he lost combat. normally if you loose combat, you exit the building if you fail your leadership. however the wizards rules say if he leaves the fulcrum, he is removed from play.

so we took it that if you can beat him in combat, but not kill him, and he fails his LD he dies?

Yes. Is there anything in the scenario that would indicate that the Mad Wizard is Unbreakable or is otherwise protected from breaking from combat?

-T10

drear
15-07-2011, 13:10
no apprently not. he isnt stubborn, he just has high leadership s4 and i think 5 wounds.

it just seemed rather anti climactic to have him die first turn and suddenly he isnt teliporting randomly, i just have an extra fulcrum.

T10
15-07-2011, 13:17
Stubborn would only make him count as steadfast, which he already is since the fulcrum counts as a building.

If you wanted the wizard to keep living, then you probably shouldn't have tried to kill him.

-T10

drear
15-07-2011, 13:26
dont get me wrong i wanted the fulcrum and i wanted to win :D

i just felt because it was so easy to displodge him, that i must have got a rule wrong.

Clowater
15-07-2011, 13:49
Steadfast on Ld 10 isn't as easy as you make it out to be. 8% of that happening.

Lord Greyskull
17-07-2011, 11:30
You must have got lucky. He does have a 3+ ward save. Besides the main goal is to beat your opponent.

Mr_Rose
17-07-2011, 20:00
You must have got lucky. He does have a 3+ ward save. Besides the main goal is to beat your opponent.
2+ Ward save, in fact. Scenario special rule.

Tayrod
17-07-2011, 20:56
If you wanted the wizard to keep living, then you probably shouldn't have tried to kill him.

Hehe, I actually laughed out loud at this!