Rasclomalum
15-07-2011, 18:23
Just because it would be a nice theme.

2500 pts sharp.

Lords

General
Sorcerer Lord. MoT, 4th level
Disc of Tzeentch
Talisman of Preservation, Charmed Shield, Chaos Runesword, Bloodcurdling Roar, Conjoined Homunculus

Yeah, your average WoC lord, except that a robed wizard wouldn't really fit the barbaric theme. A marauder chieftain gone sorcerer atop a disc with a pair of Dark Elf prisoners (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440237a&prodId=prod1110275)however, would. Not sure if I want him to hold the marauder chieftain sword (because it looks like one would imagine a Chaos Runesword) or the Chaos star icon from the horsemen sprue like a sorcerer's staff.

Heroes

Wulfrik the Wanderer

Looks a bit like Crag Hack and goes in the Khorne Marauder unit.

Exalted Hero
MoS, Halberd, Enchanted Shield, Talisman of Endurance, Ironcurse Icon, Battle Standard, Stream of Corruption.

Goes in the Tzeentch marauder bunker.

Throgg the Troll King

Will be painted like a HoMM2 War Troll and goes with the unit of 5 trolls below.

Rare Choices

Slaaneshi Giant

Converted to a Cyclops for that HoMM2 feeling. ASF is nice, but might change the mark to Nurgle or Tzeentch to help him reach combat before being pincushioned to death by arrows.

Special Choices

6 Chaos Ogres.
MoK, Great Weapons, Chaos Armour, Full Command.

Not sure about the mark. The heavy hitters of the outfit.

Green chainmails and steel weapons, blue chainmail and golden weapon for the unit champion (reminiscent of the colour schemes for ogres and ogre lords in HoMM2)

Core choices

5 trolls.

Throgg attached to unit. They'll be painted green to look like regular HoMM2 trolls. Vomit, Eye of the Gods, pack a punch...

5 Marauder horsemen
Throwing Axes, Flails, MoS, Light Armour, Musician

Stone throwers be damned.

39 Marauders
MoK, Great Weapons, FC.

Wulfrik's unit.

39 Marauders
MoT, Shields, FC

The BSB's bunker. May be able to lock something in combat so that the trolls/ogres/horsmen may flank.

Nonmin core choices

5 Warhounds

Wolves were great units in HoMM and HoMM2. Too bad these aren't.

I think this list could be fun to play, and somewhat different. Not sure of its performance though, so any suggestions as to how I could redistribute the points would be nice. For instance, something tells me it would be a good idea to have the Sorcerer Lord go with the Tzeentch bunker and have the BSB on a disc instead, so that the leadership rolls could be used where they are needed.

Fajita!
15-07-2011, 21:56
Homm 2 was one of my favorite games of all time, so this sounds awesome.

I actually still actually fire up wake of the gods for heroes 3 every now and again.