PDA

View Full Version : WoC 2500 Points

:-Collinisimo-:
17-07-2011, 04:52
I already posted this on COTEC, but I thought I might post it here for a second oppinion.

The idea is to not be completely WAAC, but to still have a competative list. So no hellcannons, chosen stars, Warshrines, etc. There still is a slight competative edge to it with the characters however.

Level 4 w/ Death/Shadow (not sure yet), conjoined homunculus, third eye, necrotic phylactery, infernal puppet, charmed shield
BSB w/ halberd, shield, MoT, tally of preservation
17x Chaos Warriors w/ MoK, Halberds, shields, champ, musician, standard bearer, banner of discipline (sorcerer)
17x Chaos Warriors w/ MoN, Halberds, shields, musician, standard bearer, banner of rage (BSB)
18x Chaos Warriors w/ MoK, Halberds, shields, musician, standard bearer, banner of eternal flame
40x Marauders w/ MoK, GWs, musician, standard bearer
40x Marauders w/ MoK, GWs, musician, standard bearer
5x Chaos Knights w/ MoK, Musician, Standard Bearer
3 units of 5 dogs

Comes out to a nice 2498 points.

Suggestions given already have been that there is a lack of bunker/anvil unit, but I don't really see that as a problem because I don't expect to be losing many combats.

Looks solid to me, the only thing that looks overly competitive are the 40x marauder units, and they arent even at 50. The puppet as well perhaps, but that's really not that bad when not paired with pandemonium etc.

Thoughts?

thesheriff
17-07-2011, 10:25
Looks good. Very core heavy, like you siad, you woudl look to see more chsoen or warshirnes or hellcannons in a warriors lists. But it will be hard to wade through all those troops.

I honsestly dont know what to suggest. Looks fine as it is with the restrictions you have imposed

good luck.

thesheriff

17-07-2011, 14:52
I honsestly dont know what to suggest. Looks fine as it is with the restrictions you have imposed

Well, they're more like guidelines, really. :P

I've been thinking of droping the MoT on the BSB to lower his save to a 4++, and the MoN on the BoR unit of Warriors to fill out the Marauder units a little more.

Plus, that would make the army Mono-Khorne! (gasp!) Except for the unmarked characters/unit.

Would that be such a terrible idea?

19-07-2011, 06:21
Yikes, thesherrif says he doesn't know what to suggest, and that's all the help I get?

Must be a good list then. :P

More thoughts I've had are dropping the level 4 for a level 2 with the same gear (see thread in tactics forum why). Also considering making the BSB a scroll caddy. That should save me enough points for more marauders to bump the units up to 50, and perhaps even more goodies, like dogs.

Not sure if a banner/musician is worth it on the knights. How do people usually run theirs?

Thoughts?

col
19-07-2011, 08:39
First off I really love this list. Very killy. You could find that core heavy woc isn't as soft as people think! I run units of 5 knights without command unless I need the standard for blood and gkory (which you don't. If you drop the knight command, lvl 4 for a lvl2, the homunculus, banner of rage and convert the MoN to MoK, you could get a second unit of 5 knights with MoK. Also gives you the 5 points you need to kake the book, dispel scroll, shield tzeentch bsb. Sorry if that was a bit long winded!

19-07-2011, 17:52
Thanks for the reply col, glad to see you like the list.

I've made a few adjustments, so here is the current list:

Chaos Sorcerer w/ MoT, Level 2, Third Eye, Puppet, Necrotic Phylactery, Charmed Shield
Exalted Hero w/ MoT, BSB, Shield, Book of Secrets, Dispel Scroll
17x Warriors w/ MoK, Halberds, Shields, Full Command, Banner of Discipline (Sorcerer)
17x Warriors w/ MoK, Halberds, Shields, Musician, Standard Bearer (BSB)
18x Warriors w/ MoK, Halberds, Shields, Standard Bearer, Banner of Eternal Flame
40x Marauders w/ MoK, Great Weapons, Standard Bearer
40x Marauders w/ MoK, Great Weapons, Standard Bearer
5x Warhounds
5x Warhounds
5x Warhounds
5x Chaos Knights w/ MoK
5x Chaos Knights w/ MoK

I'm beginning to like how its turning out; lots of units, large model count. Flexible with two good flanking units, three blenders, and two hoards of marauders. Flack is never a bad thing.

What are peoples thoughts?