PDA

View Full Version : HE in 500 pts.

Hive Fleet Chiron
17-07-2011, 11:32
I am in an escalation league and we are currently at 500 points and I am having trouble making a list that has enough staying power.

My main concern is Bret. Knights the guy who is playing them runs 5 with a Hero.

Currently I have:
70 Spear men
30 Archers
(purchased from a friend)
10 Sword masters
5 Ellyrian(sp) Reavers
10 Sea Guard
1 hero
1 Griffon (iob)
and a Prince or hero on horse

Along side of the knights he is running 20 or 30 men at arms and 10 bowmen with the stupid pikes thing.

My other opponents are skaven and dwarfs. The dwarfs are not running anything too bad and the skaven is the iob set, so I am not too worried about that yet (no 4d6 missile of dooom!!!).

I should probbly post this in another thread but what would you do for o&g with the same situation. For them I am thinking Fanitics with a night gobo shaman.

theJ
17-07-2011, 17:08
What I usually do in 500pts is to just max out on swordmasters (due to points, units tend to be small, and that means these guys can actually slap most enemies down to managable sizes before they even get to strike), use a few archers as core (since spears need numbers to be effective, and you don't have the points for that).
I've been using a mage for HQ, and a bolt thrower to make the percentages work out, as well, however, both of these have been rather hot-or-miss so far, so you might want to switch out those parts....

Don't know how well it'd do against those particular lists, but as things stand, 500pts is always going to leave you with gaps.

Pulstar
18-07-2011, 15:17
Noble w/ AoC (2+ AS ) w/ Great weapon
18 Spearmen w/ FC and Gleeming Pendant.
7 Swordmasters
5 Reavers w/ Spears only

500 points. Reavers aren't great, but they at will at least give you something fun to do in the movement phase.

D'Haran
18-07-2011, 18:09
I'd honestly buy a RBT at that lvl of points play, at higher points they're not as useful but under 1k they usually pay for themselves in my experiance. One could easily kill 1-2 brets a turn and if you even only take out 2 before combat it's done the job at 500. Add in 14 spearmen, 10 SM's and a noble with a great weapon and AoC and it's a decent list.
But you're right, in smaller games it can be hard to win with HE's.