PDA

View Full Version : 2400 GT style Dark Elf list

Count Zero
18-07-2011, 10:50
Obviously this is designed to be an all comers list that can handle any scenario. The main aim is to use shadow magic's Withering in early stages combined RxB fire to weaken the enemy, before getting stuck in to CC using either Withering or Occams to give which ever unit needs it a boost. the lvl 1 will be flying around generally causing trouble to smaller units with the shots from the lifetaker and fireballs.

Lords:

Sorceress Lord
Extra lvl, Sacrificial dagger, 5+ Ward Save.
Lore of Shadow

Heroes:

Sorceress
Dark Pegasus, Lifetaker
Lore Of Fire

Death Hag
CoB, BSB

Core:

19 Spearmen
Standard Bearer, Champion

10 Repeater Crossbows
Standard Bearer, Musician

10 Repeater Crossbows
Musician

21 Corsairs
Full Command
Sea Serpent Banner

5 Harpies

25 Witch Elves
Full Command
Flame Banner

21 Executioners
Full Command

6 Shades
Extra Hand Weapon

2 Hydras

Points Breakdown:
Lords 315
Hero 405
Core 606
Special 669
Rare 350
Other 55
total 2400

Fortitude 8

kizzer2288
18-07-2011, 12:13
Is this list the one your thinking of taking to the 2400 point throne of skulls in October?my list is very similar only I have 18 black guard instead of executioners other than that it's a strong list taking 2 hydras will be funny to see :) lol

Don Zeko
18-07-2011, 14:38
If you've got two hydras, corsairs, and witch elves, I don't think those executioners are really necessary. I'd drop them and use the points to buff those shades into two units of 10, put the standard of discipline on your sorceress's bunker, and make the witch elf and corsair units a bit bigger.

Count Zero
18-07-2011, 14:49
Thanks for the comments guys.

@ Kizzer yes i plan on heading to the Oct GT, having bought ti8ckets yet but i don't think they sell as quickly as before. I wasn't sure about 2 Hydras, i know they are a bit cheesy and last year i found the armies much friendlier than before soI don't think you need to have as maxed a list as poss, but they are so good it's hard to say no :)

@ Don I've seen more love for the shades elsewhere on this forum, i liked them with GW's in 7th but haven't really tried them too much in 8th. 180 points per unit is a pretty big investment isn't it.

tmarichards
18-07-2011, 15:08
I'm taking my DE to the October Throne as well :D

First up, my usual advice- shades shades shades! Units of 10 ith additional hand weapons are the best choice in the book, I'd rather have second/third units of them over a second hydra any day. If you follow the link in my sig to my battle reports thread, you can see the mischief they cause (incidentally, the list I have been using in the last few weeks and am taking to the Midlands Open next weekend will be my Throne list).

The ward save on the level 4 isn't really necessary.

Lifetaker on a peg is a bit of waste, because she's not a skirmisher she can't march and shoot. I leave my Fire mage on foot with a scroll.

You'd do better with Black Guard than Executioners.

Count Zero
18-07-2011, 15:18
Actually i did see one of your vids, the army creation one.

thanks for the heads up on the lifetaker.

a quick change would be to drop the Exec's and have 2 units of 10 ehw shades. along with the standard of discipline on the bunker. if i drop the lifetaker that would leave me 39 points to play with. I could either take a dispel scroll or the focus familiar on the mage or throw it all into the WE unit.

dropping a hydra for a unit of shades would be a big move, but it would probably mean you don't get as many of 'those' looks! :)

more food for thought. thanks

kizzer2288
18-07-2011, 18:14
I've already got my ticket for the GT in october, I'm taking dark elves,I've got my army list done just painting it at the moment and then ready for practice games. but my list is the usual dark elves tourney list unkillable dread,sorceress with dagger,cauldron bsb,unit of 18 BG,20 witches, 25 spearelves,hydra,16 crossbowmen, 30 corsairs, 5 harpies,6 shades,just the kind of stuff that does what it says on the tin basically.
But I would defo drop the executioners for black guard or more witches,and take the ward save of the sorceress if you need a ward save for her then your expecting her to be in combat,by then mate you have already lost the game.
Plus you've got a unit of spearmen to kill off first anyway, but you could put lifetaker on her mate instead of that, I'd also have the level 1 on foot with a scroll,don't have her flying around that's just easy victory points mate to give away.Another thing is you may want to drop the 2nd hydra coz at the GT if someone can deal with 1 they can deal with 2 so maybe drop that for some black guard, hope this helps you out mate kizzer :) sorry about the bad grammar guys hope this is easier to read.

Don Zeko
18-07-2011, 20:32
Punctuation marks are your friends, and they miss you. Please show them (and people reading your posts) some love.

thesheriff
18-07-2011, 21:58
I've already got my ticket for the GT in october I'm taking dark elves I've got my army list done just painting it at the moment and then ready for practice games but my list is the usual dark elves tourney list unkillable dread sorceress with dagger cauldron bsb unit of 18 BG 20 witches 25 spearelves hydra 16 crossbowmen 30 corsairs 5 harpies 6 shades just the kind of stuff that does what it says on the tin basically but I would defo drop the executioners for black guard or more witches and take the ward save of the sorceress if you need a ward save for her then your expecting her to be in combat by then mate you have already lost the game plus you've got a unit of spearmen to kill off first anyway but you could put lifetaker on her mate instead of that and I'd also have the level 1 on foot with a scroll don't have her flying around that's just easy victory points mate to give away another thong is you may want to drop the 2nd hydra coz at the GT if someone can deal with 1 they can deal with 2 so maybe drop that for some black guard hope this helps you out mate kizzer :)

I got to the end of "harpies" and then ran out of breath :p

kizzer2288
18-07-2011, 22:20
I didn't realise it mattered that much lol

Don Zeko
18-07-2011, 22:30
Ordinarily I cut people some slack on Warseer because there are a lot of posters for whom English isn't their native language, but your location and frequent use of "mate" suggest otherwise in your case, so I'm going to lay it out. If you're taking the time to communicate with people on the internet, you should communicate in such a way that you can be easily understood. It isn't that hard to use basic punctuation, put in paragraph breaks, and generally organize your thoughts so that you can be understood, but you did none of those things.

That's why your previous post is an unreadable mess. Depending upon whether or not I count some implied punctuation that you failed to put in, it' s all one run-on sentence and lacks any kind of punctuation or organization. Neither I nor anyone else on this forum is here to read that sort of thing. If I wanted to read stream-of-consciousness ramblings that require several re-readings to decipher, I'd go find my copy of The Sound and the Fury.

kizzer2288
18-07-2011, 22:45
Hope this helps guys I've Sorted the grammar a bit for you :(

tmarichards
19-07-2011, 00:11
Much easier to read now, thanks :)

Count Zero
19-07-2011, 09:59
Ok, guys thanks for your comments, i am nervous about not taking a ward on the lvl 4, i know it's no protection from dwellers, but it can work vs the lore of death sniping spells, or do we generally find no one takes Death?

Sorceress Lord
Extra lvl, dagger
Shadow Lore

Sorceress
Pegasus, Dispel Scroll
Fire Lore

CoB BSB

19 Spears
Banner + Champ, Discipline Banner

10 RxB's
Muso

10 RxB's
Muso

20 Corsairs
FC, Frenzy Banner

5 Harpies

28 Witches
FC, Flame Banner

18 Black Guard
FC, AP Banner

8 Shades
EHW

8 Shades
EHW

1 Hydra

thesheriff
19-07-2011, 10:50
Some people swear by death magic. I find the most useful/common lores are shadow and life. Worth the 4++ in any case. Attacks in base, flukey cannon shots, Hochland long rifles all stumble on 4++.

kizzer2288
19-07-2011, 11:21
Just to let you know if you do want to go to the GT there are only a few tickets left,I heard from a friend who works a mail order there is only about 6-7 tickets left :)

Count Zero
19-07-2011, 11:39
argh they are sold out!!!!

this will be the first time in ages i've missed it :(

tmarichards
19-07-2011, 14:13
That's a shame, was actually looking forward to going. I'm sure there'll be a reserves list, but in any case, there are plenty of other cheaper and better tournaments to go to.

Count Zero
19-07-2011, 14:45
apparently they put on a 2nd 40k event in autumn due to high demand, i wonder if WFB will get the same treatment.