PDA

View Full Version : Cavalry vs Fulcrums

Paull
18-07-2011, 12:18
Quick question regarding fulcrums

As they are treated as buildings am I correct in thinking that if you charge the pesky wizard atop one with a mounted model that you cannot enter the building and therefore are not locked in combat after the round leaving you open to be targeted by magic missiles / direct damage from the wizard in question?

Or have i got cavalry vs models in buildings rule wrong?

drear
18-07-2011, 13:03
cavalry dismount when they assault a building, so fight without the mounts stats.
the only exception to this afaik is the spider riders.

but for genral buildings, cavalry cannot garrison a building.

so against a fulcrum wizard, you can nominate 1 model in the cavalry unit to assault, but he gets off his horse/boar/snake etc to do so.

Paull
18-07-2011, 14:11
thanks Drear.

Does this rule only apply to cavalry? i mean, does for example a chaos lord on a manticore work the same way?

seems odd if both rider and monster can attack a wizard on a fulcrum yet a knight on horse/snake/boar back can't

Clowater
18-07-2011, 16:24
To answer your question. Models in a building or assaulting a building are never locked in combat, at the end of a combat where no one is fleeing, the assaulting party bumps back 1".

and yes the dismounting applies to all mounts

The bearded one
18-07-2011, 16:55
I wonder how it affects a character on a monster mount.. is the character forced to be the attacker or can you let your monster do so (any trooptype may assault a fulcrum)..

EDMM
18-07-2011, 16:57
But a Wizard on a Fulcrum, who remains mounted on his Dragon, gets to fight back with both?

Seems weird.

The bearded one
18-07-2011, 17:11
Just another point in favour of using cannons ^^

Clowater
18-07-2011, 20:09
Fulcrums are a unique case where the wizard on top is allowed to have a mount. Obviously climbing up to an occupied fulcrum is harder for multiple attackers.