PDA

View Full Version : 2400pt Skyre Skaven

Doomseer
18-07-2011, 20:17
Hey all, I've been thinking of a new army as a break from my Dark Elves and decided on Skaven. As a contrast I wanted something unpredictable and after looking through all the models I liked I noticed a Skyre theme emerging. Most of the models will be from IoB (What a surprise:rolleyes:).

Here's the list so far:

Ikit Claw - 395

Chieftan BSB - Shield - 72

Warlock Engineer - Death Globe - 40
Warlock Engineer - Brass Orb - 65
Warlock Engineer - Lv2 Wizard/Doom Rocket - 130

30 Clanrats - Spear/Shield/FC - 170
Warpfire thrower - 70

30 Clanrats - Spear/Shield/FC - 170
Warpfire thrower - 70

30 Clanrats - HW/Shield/FC - 155
Poisoned Wind Mortar - 65

30 Clanrats - HW/Shield/FC - 155

30 Slaves - 60

10 Poisoned Wind Globadiers - Bombardier/Death Globe - 130

6 Rat Ogres/2 Pack Masters - 258

Doomwheel - 150

Warp Lightning Cannon - 90

I love the Ikit Claw model but could use it as the Lv2 if he's not so good. I'm also not sure about the Rat Ogres as yet and have been thinking about a 2nd Doomwheel, although that does seem a bit cheesy TBH!

Any input would be greatly appreciated:)

thesheriff
18-07-2011, 20:48
I like it.

Id be tempted to push in anouther doomwheel however. I would drop the engineers with globes. This will leave you engineer light, but there not wizards, so no big loss. You would also have to drop teh slaves for this.

I think you need to keep the Rogres though. There your only hammer that isnt a doomwheel.

And split the globes.

thesheriff

Doomseer
19-07-2011, 19:54
I did think about splitting the Globadiers but then thought their output would be a little weak with just 5. I guess they could move together and double team harder targets and could also get me another Death Globe.

Any thoughts on Ikit Claw?

thesheriff
19-07-2011, 20:29
I think ikits pro. It sucks you cant have both him and a basic greyseer for dispel in 2.4k. But, he is pretty good imo.

Doomseer
20-07-2011, 08:45
Cool, I like the model but have never ever seen him used.

I had also thought of dropping the death globe warlock and Ikit for a Grey Seer and Screaming Bell. I'll do that at some point anyway, I'll give Ikit a go first.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Thanks

Doomseer
20-07-2011, 15:40
Having added up the cost of completing the army I've decided this might be a bit more interesting:

Grey Seer - Screaming Bell/Skalm/Warpstone Tokens - 485

Chieftan BSB - Shield - 72

Warlock Engineer - Lv1 Wizard/Brass Orb - 115
Warlock Engineer - Lv1 Wizard/Doom Rocket - 95

30 Clanrats - Spear/Shield/Standard/Musician - 162
Warpfire thrower - 70

30 Clanrats - Spear/Shield/Standard/Musician - 162
Warpfire thrower - 70

30 Clanrats - HW/Shield/Standard/Musician - 147

30 Clanrats - HW/Shield/Standard/Musician - 147

5 Poisoned Wind Globadiers - Bombardier/Death Globe - 80

5 Poisoned Wind Globadiers - Bombardier/Death Globe - 80

6 Rat Ogres/2 Pack Masters - 258

Doomwheel - 150

Will probably drop a Clanrat to get the points right.

How many Clanrats does the Bell displace?

Thanks

Queekvondrak
20-07-2011, 15:50
The bell displaces 15 clanrats if you are using the current one and 8 if you are using any of the previous models

I personally like the list but would drop the spears on the two clanrat units because i feel that clan rats with spears are not worth it because i feel that against most targets the parry save would be more beneficial to have then the five extra attacks

Doomseer
20-07-2011, 19:29
I completely agree that HW's are better than Spears but until I get my hands on the models I'll have to assume that the 60 Spears I'll have may not convert well! (army is on order atm:))

Morax
22-07-2011, 16:55
If you are using IoB models then they convert up just fine into handweapons. Clip a bit off of the bottom and the blade off of the top. Then roll a bit of green stuff into a thin strip and wrap the top of the remaining "stick". Instant club for your clan rats. I did that with mine and it turned out to my liking, gives them an improvised weapon feel that I think is rather fitting.