PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts High Elves

Rolf
20-07-2011, 17:47
Hello

I haven't played warhammer in this edition, so any advice would be warmly welcome.

So far my list is

Noble: Heavy Armour, Great Sword, Gem of Hoeth (life)
Mage: Lv 2, Starwood Staff (life)
Mage: Lv 2, Dispell Scroll, (high or fire not sure yet)

29 Spearmen with full command
10 Archers
10 Archers

19 Swordmasters full command, Standard of Discipline
10 Silver Helms with full command
2 Tiranoc Chariots

2 Bolt throwers
Giant Eagle.

Noble goes with the Spearmen and the life mage goes with the Swordmasters. The other mage going where ever he's needed.

calnen
20-07-2011, 18:48
Ooh, lots of magic.

I'm not convinced by the bolt throwers. They rarely do enough damage to justify themselves, and the rest of your list is pretty offensive. What about swapping for another Eagle, and changing the swordmasters into 2 units of 14. That still leaves a few points spare to bulk up core units.

Rolf
20-07-2011, 19:22
That would mean weaken the swordmasters, (hopefully the mage will give them regen). How do white lions and Phoenix guard do know a days?

thesheriff
20-07-2011, 23:01
That would mean weaken the swordmasters, (hopefully the mage will give them regen). How do white lions and Phoenix guard do know a days?

No no no, quite the opposite.

The difference between 14 and 19 swordsmasters is less that you might think. 19, I assume deployed 5x4, are one mortar, hellstorm, pit of shades or stonethrower away from alot of casualties. 2 units of 14, deployed 7x2, have double the combat potential, getting mote attacks and being able to engage more units.

White lions and phoenix guard do well. White lions operate in much tge same way as swordsmasters, and phoenix guard make great Mage bunkers.

thesheriff

Rolf
21-07-2011, 21:21
White Lions have there cloaks so I imagine more chance of reaching combat.

Do you know if chariots still work well in two's in this edition?