PDA

View Full Version : SoM Sorcerous Pacts Question... (Sylvanian Army)

No-One
20-07-2011, 19:11
Say i'm wanting to make a Mourkain/Strigany army(though right now its looking like most likely my best bet is to go with a Sylvanian Army), using very heavily converted and themed Empire with Pacts so i can have some Vampires in my army... heres the question:

would it be better to go fully Mage-y with the vampires and not take advantage of their better statlines?

OR

would it be better to kit them(or atleast 1) for melee beastliness seeing as how most Empire is merely "meh" in melee?

No-One
20-07-2011, 21:19
no advice? anyone?

Lord Inquisitor
20-07-2011, 21:29
I think combat vamps on fulcrums is an excellent idea.

artisturn
20-07-2011, 21:31
Infinite Hatred is your friend when it comes to combat Vampires.

Algovil
20-07-2011, 21:39
The strength of the magic Vampire IMO is the extra powerdice and forbidden lore, but since there are 4D6 PD in SoM, that part has less of an impact and the Empire have access to all the basic lores of magic anyway. I agree that Empire are quite meh in melee. I think that a strong combo would be a unit of Graveguards with Greatweapon, and Banner of Barrows, the usual stuff, and then a core unit with a Vampire with The helm of commandment, I would use skeletons for core, even though ghouls are better, but IMO it just feels wrong having mighty vampires in units of ghouls. Back this combo up with the usual Empire Army with lot of shooting, and lots of Wizards. Sounds strong to me I would probably equip the Vampire with powers and equipment to be a strong attacker, and go for a Fulcrum. And.. I would use the helm even though I make him a fighter. Use the Graveguards to just lead a way, and attack the fulcrum with the vampire as soon as you can. Keeping the Empire part more defensive, and blast away. Sounds great fun.

No-One
20-07-2011, 22:05
I was thinking Infinite Hatred would be a definite as well, and possibly Red Fury for him, and definitely Forbidden Lore(Beasts) for him, its just too potentially nice for a vamp to not have

not sure what actual gear i want to give the vampire(s) though(i would like to squeeze in more than one where possible)

No-One
21-07-2011, 07:02
sorry to double post, but continue this here: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311382